Nick Lantych

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

Always smiling and consistently busy, Nick Lantych is as sweet as can be! Nick is a junior Psychology major with a face you could never forget. Whether he is running around campus in the summer as an orientation leader or binge watching Netflix in his dorm, he is always willing to lend a helping hand.

Year: 2017

Major: Psychology

Jobs/Activities:  B&G Orientation Leader, Foundation Peer Mentor, Resident Assistant, SEALS, Business Office Intern

You are a part of so many major things on campus. What made you decide to get so involved?

“I wanted to make the best out of college and not waste any time. I wanted to get the most experience that I could. I wanted to feel connected to the Framingham State community and give back to all of the people who helped me.”

Who would you say are your greatest role models on campus?

“Ashlee Givins. She is my biggest cheerleader on campus for everything that I do.”

What advice do you have for incoming students?

“Try your hardest to stay on campus the first couple of weekends. Try to get involved. Try doing things out of your comfort zone because you may end up loving it.”

How do you manage your schedule?

“I have a planner and I write down everything in it. When I am here at school, I think of school in general as my full time job. Also, lots and lots and lots of coffee helps.”

What is your dream job?

“It keeps changing, but I want to be an executive director at a nursing home. I have been working at a nursing home for 3 years and it is definitely a life goal. I absolutely love my job back home. I love how it gives me the opportunity to interact with a different age group.”

What do you think will be your next step after college?

“Get a real job. Trying to use all of the skills that I’ve learned from student leadership to find a job and work through graduate school.”

Show you are currently binge watching?

“Nurse Jackie, it is so good! And American Horror Story.”

Guilty Pleasure?

“Coffee! Definitely coffee!”

Coffee order?

“Medium French vanilla iced coffee with skim milk and 2 equal!”

Are you a morning person or night owl?

“Night owl, for sure.”

Marissa is a senior psychology major and photography minor at Framingham State University. She is an Academic Success Peer Tutor, SDA in the dorms. She is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Framingham and a Chapter Advisor. When she is not daydreaming, Marissa enjoys binge-watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Hulu and sleeping.