Meet Next Year’s Co-CC Rachel Smith!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

We are excited to announce that one of our Co-CCs for the 2017-2018 academic year will be Rachel Smith! Take some time to get to know the girl behind the fashion and dancing you see on campus. 

Major: Fashion Merchandising with a minor in Communication Arts

Year: Junior

Hometown: Wakefield, MA

Zodiac Sign: Pieces

Involvement: Dance Team, Fashion Club, Peer Mentor, and Her Campus of course!

What do you do when you’re not on campus?

When I’m not on campus you can usually find me at work at DSW. On the rare days that I take off I am helping out with events for the clubs I am involved in like the annual fashion show and Accepted Students Day! In my spare time I also love to thrift shop, eat good food, and hang out with my friends and my boyfriend.

What do you love about campus life?

I love that on campus there is so much to get involved with. There is never a week during the school year where nothing is happening. I really like that everyone knows each other and always has a friend to wave hello to.

Why did you join Her Campus Framingham?

I joined Her Campus Framingham because I wanted to better my fashion writing skills in a fun and welcoming environment. I wanted to build a portfolio of work that I am really proud of and I think I’ve done that!

What do you do to take care of yourself?

To take care of myself I really like to write everything down in my planner and in my phone. It helps me really prioritize what I need to get done. I also of course take Netflix breaks! If I have a good amount of time, I like to make collages out of magazines.

What’s your favorite thing about yourself?

Oh geez. Um. My favorite thing about me would probably be that I am very thoughtful with buying presents. Sometimes I go overboard during Christmas time, but I always wait until the perfect present speaks to me and only then will I buy it for that person.

What’s your advice for first year students?

Everyone always laughs at me because I give the same advice and that is to buy or bring winter boots with you to school!! And I know everyone always says this, but I’ll say it again. I think it is important to get involved. Anything that you are passionate about, join that club or even form it yourself!

How would you compare yourself from your first year to now in college?

I would definitely say I am more confident and sure of myself. I think you really find your place as you continue on in school.

Why Framingham State?

I chose Framingham State because of the small campus and when I visited everyone was just so friendly and I appreciated that.

Marissa is a senior psychology major and photography minor at Framingham State University. She is an Academic Success Peer Tutor, SDA in the dorms. She is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Framingham and a Chapter Advisor. When she is not daydreaming, Marissa enjoys binge-watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Hulu and sleeping.
Rachel Smith

Framingham '18

Former Co-Campus Correspondent; Graduated 2018; Fashion Merchandising Major with Communication Arts Minor; Dance Team, Fashion Club, Her Campus, and Peer Mentor