This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

You know her, and if you don’t you’ll love her.  Kristen Keenan is a midfielder on the Framingham State Women’s lacrosse team but she’s also so much more.  This funny and charming Sophomore Psychology and Neuroscience major has it all figured out both on and off the field.  

Hometown: Methuen, MA

Sport: Lacrosse

Team Song: Dreams and Nightmare by Meek Mill

Favorite Movie: Remember the Titans

Go-to coffee order:

Dunkin, iced medium caramel with almond milk

Favorite Class:

“Anything with psychology, right now Adolescent Psychology”

Other Hobbies:

“I love homework, like fucking love homework.  I love feeling that I accomplished it.  We [my friends] will go to the library together and bang it out it’s awesome.  I have to get my Masters eventually, so I convince myself I love to read and write.”

What do you love most about sports?

“I love being on a team.  The people on the team become like your family, you eat with them and work out with them and everything. It’s busy but I love it, it makes me work on my time management.”

How was your Spring Break?

“Amazing! I spent it with awesome people (aka my teammates) at a tournament in Hilton Head, SC.  I got pushed in a hot tub and broke my phone though.”

What’s your inspiration?

“Like who inspires me? I guess my mom, I try to inspire her.  She had a quadruple bypass; she had a heart attack and all the veins in her heart collapsed.  So my mom is the most important person in my life, because technically she shouldn’t even be alive, she died on the table for like fourteen minutes.  So when I go home I’ll go grocery shopping and buy healthy snacks and stuff like that.  She’s getting better, but I guess that’s what inspires me, it inspires me to be healthier myself and to be a better person.”

Why do you love it here?

“So I was actually going to go Jacksonville University down south. I was planning on going there but it was so expensive there was so way I could have afforded it.  My mom had me apply here in June and I got accepted.  I was going to transfer out but I fell in love here.  I have the best friends, I love how I’m a person in the classroom and not just a number.  The people here are awesome, especially the team.  We’re getting a house off campus next year all together and I’m so excited.”

Fun Fact:

“Mary, Morghan and I all have matching tattoos.”

Freshman; Undecided (about a lot of things). Currently in a relationship with coffee and Nate Archibald.