How to Enjoy Valentines Day While Being Single

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

Valentine’s Day seems to be the day dedicated to all the couples in the world. Well why can’t people who are single enjoy it as well? Well maybe Valentine’s Day should be a day dedicated to self-love!

There are many things that you can do to enjoy Valentines Day by yourself. Find some things that make you happy and treat yourself on this day. 

1. Enjoy a nice cup of coffee before classes or work

It never hurts to go on your own little date!! Go out and enjoy your own company and start your day on the right foot. If your going to classes, or work or even its your day off, start your day with a nice date to yourself. 

2. Go and buy yourself flower

Who ever said you can’t buy yourself flowers? They will be on your desk, table every time you come home for you to see! 

3. Think about all the good things about being single

There’s no disagreement on where to eat for dinner. Never fighting over what tv show to watch, can go out wherever and whenever you want. This list could keep going….4. Treat your self

If it is treating yourself to your favorite restaurant, or going to get your nails, or even buying the clothes you’ve been wanting for a long time. Anything that makes you happy and distracted from all the lovey dovey couples out there. Treat yourself and love yourself for it!!

Finally…

5. Enjoy your valentine’s day!!

No matter what it takes just enjoy your day and don’t assume its all about the couples. Self-love is important and that starts with enjoying your own self company and finding what makes you happy. I hope everyone has a great Valentines Day and you find what you love about yourself!

Meghan Gogan

Framingham '21

Junior at Framingham State University. Major in Marketing, Minor in Psychology
President and Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Framingham, Senior at Framingham State University, Finance Major. Avid animal lover, aspiring fashionista, and amateur traveler.