90’s TV Looks You Can Wear Today

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

1. Rachel Green (Friends)

This look is so easy to pull off for modern day! All you need is a turtleneck in any color; it can be cropped or not depending on your comfort level. Put it together with a cute wrap skirt in a plaid that coordinates in a color that matches your turtleneck. Rachel wore tall white socks with this look, but I feel it could also work with black too! Throw on some low boots or some cropped Doc Martins and you’re good to go.

2. Hillary Banks (Fresh Prince of Belair)

Hillary’s look is always so iconicly 90s, but it can definitely be modified to be worn today. On the bottom you can do a black mini skirt or some black culottes. To make the jacket/blazer more modern I would choose a one button blazer with maybe a lower neckline. Definitely add the choker, but maybe opt for a cute beret instead!

3. Jessie Spano (Saved by the Bell)

The jean on jean look is still in! This look is effortless. Grab your fav oversized jean shirt and tuck it into a pair of high waisted jeans. Usually, when I do this I try and put two different colored denim pieces together. For shoes you can pretty much wear anything! This would work with flats, short boots, or a casual sneaker.

4. Michelle Tanner (Full House)

Michelle was always rockin’ a cute pair of overalls. You can copy this look too! Your outfit doesn’t have to be as cutesy as Michelle’s. Opt for a pair of black overalls and pair it with a t-shirt underneath like this outfit. I would add a t-shirt with a saying on it or a geometric pattern to make the look more modern. I love these white slip on shoes that are perfect for the spring, definitely keep those as is.

Rachel Smith

Framingham '18

Former Co-Campus Correspondent; Graduated 2018; Fashion Merchandising Major with Communication Arts Minor; Dance Team, Fashion Club, Her Campus, and Peer Mentor