This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

The recent arrival of snow led to a missing Ram Van. On November 15th, Fordham’s Ram Van shuttle did not pick up a Jumpstart group at Tremont Crotona Day Care Center. The new closing time of the Ram Van Office was 5 p.m. because of the weather. However, they did not include in their schedule picking up a group of nine students at 5 p.m., their expected pickup time from the school. 

One Jumpstart preschool member, sophomore Jordan Joachim-James, called the office after they failed to arrive at the scheduled time – “It was very unusual. They lied saying a van was two blocks away. A long 45 minutes later, a van still did not show up.” 

Another member, Team Leader Griffin Hornung, started walking blocks to see if a van was around the corner. “Nothing was there. It was the group’s first day in the classroom, and they aren’t adjusted to the schedule yet.” They had not a clue how to get back to campus.

Around 7 p.m., Fordham Public Safety brought one van for the group of nine. 

How can Fordham’s Ram Van Office redeem this situation and those similar? Indeed, in this case, it was the group’s first preschool session, but Ram Vans can be on a better schedule of dropping and picking students up, whether it be to and from Lincoln Center or any of the Jumpstart preschools. They also need to keep watch on the unpredictable weather! Planning ahead as much as possible will allow promptness and keep schedules intact. Quick response and multiple students ready to drive will ensure that those who need the ride can arrive back on campus on time for their next classes or activities. 

Fordham’s Ram Van is used by many, so let’s create an accessible environment to navigate the city! 

Emily Dwelle

Fordham '21

Fordham University Senior. History Major and Marketing and Journalism Minors. Preschool Volunteer and interests in social issues and entertainment. HerCampus Tutor, Writer, Photography Director.