This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

In this new digital age, social media has been getting more popular and self-esteem issues have too. As women, we should be empowering each other, yet we still face obstacles when we see the perfect girls with the perfect lives on social media. 

Let’s be honest we all have something we want to change about ourselves, as humans we are never truly satisfied. It doesn’t help that people want to portray themselves as perfect, but what is perfection? 

Sometimes we have to remind ourselves that it is ok not to be “perfect” because there’s truly no way to measure perfection. It’s not based on our height or our weight, how big our lips or the size of our waist can be. We shouldn’t have to measure ourselves to what the media feeds us on what is the ideal woman. We are perfect in our own way, there is no need to change.

Cover Photo: https://www.allure.com/story/gifting-plastic-surgery-for-the-holidays

Journalism student with a track in Broadcast Media at The School Of Communications & Journalism at Florida International University.  Josie is an ambitious Journalist with a passion to unfold the truth and inform the audience; she loves to write about fashion, lifestyle and current events.