woman wearing green graduation cap
woman wearing green graduation cap
Juan Ramos/Unsplash

What To Do Post-Graduation

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

We’ve all been there. You’re sitting down, drinking a cafecito without a care in the world, and suddenly you start thinking about graduation. As college comes to an end, we have to figure out career moves, whether we will be attending graduate school, or if we simply want to do absolutely nothing. Struggling to figure out what to do is a hassle, but it doesn’t have to be anymore! Here are a few things you can do after graduation:

• Begin applying for jobs in your field. By now, most of us have interned somewhere meaningful and have seen what it’s like to live a day in the life of whoever is in the major we chose to study. You’ve put it on your resume, and now it’s time to make those dreams come true. Start by looking at jobs that maybe require a little less experience and work your way up from there!
  • Grab a friend or your family and head out for a much-needed vacation! After four grueling years of studying, taking tests, writing countless research papers and more, you can take a bit of time for yourself and relax by the water or take a road trip through the U.S and explore some options for potential jobs. The possibilities are endless! You don’t have to feel bad about not going to grad school immediately either, a lot of students tend to put their academics on hold for a year or so after graduation to relax and come in fresher minded, or even to make more money for things they’ve got going on.
  • Attend grad school. You can still apply to places after graduation and go in for a later date! Take the time to visit some of the schools you want to attend, and ask questions about the program they have for your major!
  • Do nothing. Sometimes, as mentioned before, students tend to take time off of school because of how stressful college was and how stressful graduate school might be. You don’t have to do anything crazy, but relax and mentally prepare yourself for what’s next.

Those are just a few of the things you can do post-graduation, but the sky is your limit. Think about yourself, be selfish, and do what you think is best for you. Whether you start grad school immediately, or you take a year-long hiatus, there is no wrong answer! Pick the path you believe suits you best. Happy graduation!

(Spa Week Daily)

Xoxo,

Nicole

Nicole is currently a senior at Florida International University studying English. She wants to become a full-time writer for a journalistic blog or company in the future, and hopes to publish a few novels along the way. Her truest of loves include Disney, Anime, music, her dogs, writing, and Harry Potter. She is a lover of makeup, and telling people's stories from their eyes and her experiences. She is currently a Beauty Advisor at Riley Rose part-time, and hopes to continue working alongside them in the future. You can follow her journey on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/nicoli0o/ and on Twitter at https://twitter.com/nicoli0o_