This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

If you’re like me you have probably been wondering ever since you started your freshman year of college where your other half is and why he hasn’t formed part of your life yet. If you are single as a Pringle and have lonely by Akon on your playlist, this article is perfect for you. If you are currently in a relationship then I still invite you to keep reading, you might discover something you didn’t know before. We’re about to go deep my collegiate beauty’s.

Coming into college we are surrounded by the stereotype that in college you are supposed to find the love of your life and it will all be uphill from there. It takes some time to finally understand that college is much more than finding your other half. Part of it has to do with finding out who you are first and being able to love yourself fully before being able to love and commit to someone else.

Now you’re probably wondering, how do you fully love yourself and grow as a person? Do you buy a new wardrobe? Do you wear more makeup? Do you join a clique? Wrong, wrong, and wrong. Being able to love and understand yourself does not come from any of those things, it comes from realizing that you are unique. It comes from being able to deal with your emotions in a healthy way. It comes from making mistake after mistake but learning from them and helping others learn from them too. Loving yourself means loving every single one of your imperfections.

The thing about loving yourself is that it’s really hard especially for our generation. Everyday we find a new way to reject who we are as a person, to find something negative about ourselves. Whether it’s our personality or our body, society teaches us that we’re imperfect. What you don’t realize is that you are more beautiful than what you think, and most importantly in order to shine on the outside you must shine on the inside. It’s that inner beauty that radiates a special light like no other. It is only when we fall in love with your naked souls that we have fallen in love with ourselves. This includes who we are as a person both mentally and physically.

Now to answer the next question that’s on your mind. What does loving myself and putting my well being first before others have to do with finding my Prince Charming? Well… it means everything! Everything? Yes, everything. It is only after you are whole, that you can truly find your perfect match. The one who falls in love with your whole heart and the light that your inner self-radiates.

At this point in life, you have probably concluded that in our generation men fall in love with everything but our inner beauty. You see, I too use to think like that. But after having endless conversations with different men and observing; I realized that wasn’t the case. Trust me, ladies, when I say keep being who you are, keep being who you are, because that is what makes you most beautiful. And prince charming will notice that special light you’re radiating.

So back to the title of the article, waiting for your Prince Charming. If he hasn’t arrived into your life yet, don’t worry, you may not be ready. The puzzle that you are currently building is missing something and those pieces are valuable and just might be the ones that are meant for Prince Charming to fit.

Therefore, I want you to fall in love with yourself so much that after a while you’re able to go up to your family and friends and tell them: During my college years I built myself as a women and now more than ever I love every part of myself and I will continue to fall in love with myself every day. Don’t worry about being single during your college years. Trust me you are not the only one. And for my ladies that are currently in relationships don’t think this doesn’t apply to you because it does. Remember that in order to maintain a healthy relationship you have to continue to get to know yourself as well and don’t ever let your other half dull your inner beauty and light. And to all of you, keep working on yourself, on your goals, on your dreams. Work on empowering one another and don’t ever let anyone dull the beautiful light you shine on the ugliest days.

Love and Inspiration,

For you,

Always,

-Vero

Veronica Aguilera is a Junior at Florida International University double majoring in Biological Sciences and Interdisciplinary Studies with a minor in psychology. Ms. Aguilera is on the pre-med track and aspires to attend medical school after graduating from FIU. Although, Aguilera's passion has always been medicine and the healthcare field she has always had a unique interest in writing. She states that "words hold so much power enough power to even help change our world." Through Aguilera's articles, she hopes to bring positivity and love to collegiate students all around. Aguilera's various executive board positions and extracurricular activities have motivated her to share with others her life experiences. Aguilera hopes to cover a variety of article topics that pertain to the pre-medical life as a student and other devotions she has found along her journey. A message from the author: My collegiate readers, these articles are for you and only you. Filled with inspiring words and personal life experiences I hope to bring a new perspective on how you may view life. A perspective full of self-love, success, and positivity.