Spring Break Body: 5 Ways To Get In Shape

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Spring break is right around the corner, and if you’re anything like me, it definitely snuck up on you. Whether you’re staying in the 305, or going out of town, we all know that a spring break body was most definitely a goal for 2017. However, with all of the drinking and partying that lingered on after syllabus week, that “spring break bod” may have slipped from your mind. So, what now?

It’s time to make it look like you have been prepping your vacation body for months! Here are a few ways you can cheat the system:

1. WATER IS YOUR BEST FRIEND:

Women are required to drink 8-10 glasses of water a day to stay healthy. Among other things, water is proven to make your skin look hydrated, and reduce the appearance of cellulite. So, for these next two weeks, give your liver a break and switch out alcohol for some H2O. Your body will definitely thank you.

2. PRE-TAN, TAN:

Although the point of spring break (for most of us) is to get that sun kissed glow, nothing is worse than showing up pale to the beach. If you can’t catch some rays before all spring break shenanigans, applying a self-tanner labeled as a “gradual tanner” daily will give you a head start on achieving a glow so you can rock your favorite bikini. Some of my favorites can be found at Ulta and Target.

3. MUSCLE TONING:

Here it is, the part we’ve been dreading….exercise. Some key exercises to achieve the perfect Sping Break body include:

• lunges and squats for the booty (add weights for an extra push) 
  • 1 minute planks for abs
  • 30-60 minutes of cardio 4-5 times a week to really let us shed off some extra “fluff” we have accumulated.

There are plenty of other exercises you should do to stay fit and healthy for the long-run, but these will lean out your muscles in no time!

4. LET’S EAT:

Enough of the tequeños from Cafe Bustelo, it’s time to add in fruits and vegetables to your diet. Before you freak out, here’s a link for amazing smoothie recepies: Click Here

5. THE PERFECT BIKINI:

The best way to reward yourself for pulling your life together so quickly is to splurge on a brand-new bikini. This can really make or break your “Instagram ready” Spring Break body. Make sure to look through different selections of bikinis such as, one pieces, triangle bikinis and bandeau top bikinis. It is important to find the one that works best for your body type! Here’s a site that will help you in your bikini searching: Click Here

Stick to these tricks and you’ll surely be able to transform just in time for Spring Break!

Xoxo

-Gaby