Single On “V-Day”? READ THIS

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Valentine’s Day! Tis the day to indulge in Lindt Chocolate, smell the roses and hang out with your beau!

Except – What if you don’t have a significant other this Valentine’s Day? What if the closest thing to a reserved dinner table is your couch?

Don’t fret! – I’m here to tell you why being single can actually be healthy for you and what you can do to enjoy being your own Valentine!

There’s nothing wrong with snuggling up to your bae, let alone being in a relationship. It can be very fulfilling! However, us single women still have things to feel positive about. If you haven’t found the right person, yet, it may be comforting to know these following facts provided by Happify.They have found that single people tend to:

1.Have more friends

2. Be more fit

3. Reach out more to family, friends and community

4. Have Increased Job Satisfaction

View the full infographic here: http://my.happify.com/hd/how-to-be-happy-and-single-infographic/

Still not convinced that it’s okay to be single?

Well, then it’s time for some retail therapy! 

*Treat yourself this Valentine’s Day! Bath & Body Works relseased their Valentine’s Bath Bombs! Currently: Mix & Match Buy 3, Get 3 Free or Buy 2, Get 1 Free 

*Who says someone else has to spoil you? Pamper yourself with a new treat from Sephora. Here at Her Campus we are currently LOVING Tartelette in Bloom. Read more about it in Danni’s Article. 

* These LUSH Bathbombs are also a must have on our list. The best part is that they are very affordable! From Left to Right: Cupid, $5.25, Tisty Totsy, $6.75, Rose Bombshell, $7.95

​*And for those who really want to make this day all about YOU:

• Make an appointment at a Spa
  • Get a Mani, Pedi

Whatever your plans this Valentine’s Day, remember to have fun and enjoy a relaxing evening!

I'm currently an Art History Major at FIU with a Minor in French. I live in North Miami. I love to hang out with my family, go to the beach, work hard and play harder. I love life and making people happy.