Travel Friendly Makeup

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Finding the perfect eyeshadow palette that’s travel friendly is always a challenge. Luckily, I think I’ve finally found the one!  Tarte’s “Tartelette in Bloom” palette is small enough to fit into my cosmetic bag, but big enough to create versatile eyeshadow looks. The packaging of the palette is compact, practical, and even brings a mirror. It has 3 shimmery shades and 9 matte shades. The palette’s packaging is gold with a pink and purple flower lid.

When traveling, choosing what makeup to bring in my cosmetic bag is always the hardest part. I like to think of the location I will be traveling at, whether it’s a beachy vibe or a colder area. I think about what exactly I will be doing throughout my trip. I envision what looks I want to create whether I’ll spend a night out at dinner, a day out on the beach, or tour around the city. The “Tartelette in Bloom” palette provides every shade I’ll need for each activity. For a casual day out, I like to keep my eye makeup more natural by using the lighter shades “Jetsetter” and “Smarty Pants” for my crease area. I’ll then use my favorite shimmer shade “Firecracker” all around my lid and then pop some mascara on. This combo always gives me that eye glow effect I look for!

The best part about the palette is that it you can go from a natural everyday look to a dramatic smokey eye because of its warm neutral colors. The palette has different shades of brown, burgundy-like shades, white/creams, and shimmery golds/bronzes.  The pigmentation of the darker shades is absolutely insane. Although I normally prefer palettes to include a black shade, it is not necessary for this palette because the brown shade “smokeshow” is so dark.  The shimmer shades are a little disappointing because they are not as pigmented, but I do find that they are best applied with a finger instead of a small brush. 

I would recommend this palette to all my travel lovers because it is made to create looks for every single occasion.

Happy Traveling!

-Danni

Hello! My name is Danni and I am currently a junior at Florida International University majoring in public relations and minoring in marketing. I love traveling, reading and shopping. I recently created my own blog called "Starry Eyed Style" that's based on beauty products and a little bit of fashion. It includes some of my top favorite products along with reviews of different brands.