This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Selena Gomez has recently been hospitalized and admitted to rehab after suffering from an emotional break down while in the hospital for Lupus treatment. 

The 26 year old “Taki Taki” singer had been admitted to the hospital twice in a week due to a low white blood cell count. In her second visit, she suffered a panic attack. Sources told People, “She has had a tough few weeks and the panic attack in the hospital was the tipping point.”  The source also told People she admitted herself to rehab to seek additional help for her emotional issues. 

After the news of her hospitalization went public, many wondered if Coach would terminate their contract with the starlet. Coach responded that they had planned to shoot its upcoming Spring 2019 campaign with Gomez, but those plans have been put on hold while the singer recovers.

The news that she was hospitalized comes a week after Gomez announced her social media hiatus on Instagram. “As much as I am grateful for the voice that social media gives each of us, I am equally grateful to be able to step back and live my life present to the moment I have been given. Kindness and encouragement only for a bit! Just remember— negative comments can hurt anybody’s feelings. Obvi,” Gomez added. We hope Selena is able to make a successful recovery and obtain the help she needs. 

Isabella is currently majoring in Public Relations & Communications at Florida International University. She was born in Venezuela and moved to Miami at the age of 3.