timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

PINK at FIU ‘GRL PWR’ Event

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

On Friday, Feb. 8, PINK at FIU held an event all about Girl Empowerment! The goal was to bring inspirtation, support, and to celebrate girls of all shapes, sizes, and mindsets. It featured informational tables about the event,  a panel with Girl Bosses in Miami, a table feauturing DIY bracelets, as well as, some awesome Instagram-worthy photo opportunities! It was a 2-hour long event, running from 3p.m. to 5p.m., bringing local FIU girls together to really show what female  empowerment and love was like at our campus. 

Upon walking in, girls were greeted by a Pink Nation campus rep, gifting them a very cool pink folder with some goodies, including stickers, a notebook, a GRL PWR poster, and more! After that, another rep asked you for confirmation that you signed up for the event, and then gave you a raffle ticket for the giveaway they were hosting. There were snacks and  opportunities to get to know a few of the girls who were there from Pink Nation, or get to know the other girls that attended the event. It was an event full of opportunities for girls to get some inpiration, learn about the businesses or lifestyles the girls at the pannel were a part of. They gave the audience tips on acheiving their dreams and a little more about what Girl Power means. It was a very nice, intimate setting so it gave girls the chance to ask questions and get genuine answers as well!

Pink Nation’s FIU event was a really great way to empower girls, and teach them a little about what it means to be a successful female in this day and age. 

(Photo Credits: Nicole Nuñez)

Nicole is currently a senior at Florida International University studying English. She wants to become a full-time writer for a journalistic blog or company in the future, and hopes to publish a few novels along the way. Her truest of loves include Disney, Anime, music, her dogs, writing, and Harry Potter. She is a lover of makeup, and telling people's stories from their eyes and her experiences. She is currently a Beauty Advisor at Riley Rose part-time, and hopes to continue working alongside them in the future. You can follow her journey on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/nicoli0o/ and on Twitter at https://twitter.com/nicoli0o_