This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

It’s mid-October, and your classes are getting harder, work is a hassle, and you might be reconsidering your major and career choice once again like you always do during every mid-semester. No, I am not a psychic I’m just going through the mid-semester crisis as well! During these times, which is totally normal to feel stressed and pressured, it is important to remember who you are and why you started your career choice in the first place. If you are in search of extra motivation or learning how to inspire yourself without depending on others, I suggest you keep on reading for your daily dose of inspiration. 

Inspiration “is the process of being mentally stimulated to do or feel something, especially to do something creative.” Being able to inspire yourself means believing in yourself because you are your biggest inspiration. It is once you believe in yourself that you can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or experiences that continue to push you to be the best version of yourself and to ultimately be a light in someone’s else’s life. 

How do you inspire yourself? You must find your purpose in life and that is very hard to do. Whether it’s to help make the world a better place or simply to fulfill your goals and move on. Just know that every life has a purpose. You start finding out your purpose by letting go of the past and living in the present. Embrace your true spirit, embrace and listen to grace, and you will be transformed at the moment. 

Therefore, being able to inspire yourself is being first off to stop fixating yourself on what you don’t have and start giving thanks for what you have. Then you need to challenge yourself to be unique and focus on your wants and needs. On your dreams and goals in life. Lastly, you challenge yourself to believe that you are the only one that can ultimately motivate and inspire yourself. There are many negative vibes out there, but never stop doing your best or being the best unique version of yourself because someone did not give you enough credit for it or said you were worthless. 

You are worth more than you’ll ever know. You form part of the missing piece of the puzzle we need to solve to make the world a better place. Without you, our universe would not be the same. Find your purpose in life, inspire yourself, and soon enough you’ll become someone else’s inspiration. 

Love and Inspiration, 

For you,

Always, 

Vero

Veronica Aguilera is a Junior at Florida International University double majoring in Biological Sciences and Interdisciplinary Studies with a minor in psychology. Ms. Aguilera is on the pre-med track and aspires to attend medical school after graduating from FIU. Although, Aguilera's passion has always been medicine and the healthcare field she has always had a unique interest in writing. She states that "words hold so much power enough power to even help change our world." Through Aguilera's articles, she hopes to bring positivity and love to collegiate students all around. Aguilera's various executive board positions and extracurricular activities have motivated her to share with others her life experiences. Aguilera hopes to cover a variety of article topics that pertain to the pre-medical life as a student and other devotions she has found along her journey. A message from the author: My collegiate readers, these articles are for you and only you. Filled with inspiring words and personal life experiences I hope to bring a new perspective on how you may view life. A perspective full of self-love, success, and positivity.