This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Relax your mind. Breathe. Take a second right now just to breathe. Just a few seconds to clear out all the thoughts that may have been lingering in the back of your mind before you began reading this. Clear your head of all the things that aren’t making you happy right now and just take ten brief seconds to breathe, refresh, and reflect.

We often get so caught up in this world and we begin to forget ourselves. We’re caught up in the lifestyle, the social circumstances, the media, the politics, the crises that are continuously spinning around us. Do you ever encounter a moment where you just feel completely lost and as though everything is going beyond your control? Life around us seems to be moving so incredibly fast, and we’re simply just going along with it.

(https://miro.medium.com/max/1092/1*42qsFBJEaerrx4BsVhMB5A.jpeg)

This life thing—it can get pretty overbearing a good portion of the time. A lot of times we don’t know where to turn or who to turn to. Sometimes there’s moments we begin to question what it is we were placed on this earth to do and what it is that we were meant to accomplish within our lives. The truth is, you are the only one that can create your own purpose and there’s no one that can take that away from you. You are the only one who has the capability of giving yourself the life that you want to live.

It’s one thing to find your purpose, and its another thing to create your purpose. When you create a purpose for yourself, that is what’s unique to you—that purpose you’ve created for yourself is essentially what will motivate you to get out of bed every morning and find confidence within yourself. One’s purpose in life isn’t something that’s just handed to them because when you really think about it, you’re not actually living for yourself, you’re living for someone else.

(https://66.media.tumblr.com/b0498da0bb294cb7aff93d53b9a4ce0a/tumblr_otlp…)

You are meant to find what it is that makes you happy and whatever it is should allow you to be the most authentic version of yourself. Whether we want to admit it or not, we’re all trying to find our happiness in some way shape or form, however, that’s the thing about happiness—it’s a journey not a destination. Ultimately, through those moments that you may create through your life, this is how you will be able to create purpose for yourself. All those small moments where you find yourself at ease and content with how life is going, are the moments that matter most. Those are the moments where you will begin to understand within yourself what it is that you want out of this life.

So stop trying to impress people. Stop trying to live for other people. Stop trying to fulfill other people’s circumstances. Stop hurting your mind. Stop being unkind to yourself and find out what it is that makes you be the best version of yourself. Discover what you are passionate about and create that into something that is even beyond yourself, then you will begin to grasp what is your true purpose.

(https://66.media.tumblr.com/c0ca1d19fe4e1b045d21ffff9eea7177/tumblr_otlp…)

Hi! My name is Sherneice Robin and I am currently a senior at Florida International University and I'm a part of the FIU Her Campus Staff Team! I'm pursuing a degree in PRAAC (Public Relations, Advertising, & Applied Communications) with an area of concentration in Business Communication. My passion in life has always been towards writing and I strive to inspire others with my words. Find your purpose and aspire to inspire.