This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

I, like many other college students, am burnt out. Fortunately, with spring break around the corner, we can use this time to recuperate.

I found a few things that I do and others online to help you recover from the semester.

Get some sleep!!!

If you’re anything like me, you cannot sleep peacefully because you are stressed about classes and assignments. Thankfully, during your break, you can sleep in and take this time to

Spend time with loved ones (or even yourself).

Spending time with your loved ones can help you relax. Going out with friends and doing something fun will help you get out of this burnout. However, do not underestimate the time you spend by yourself either! Catch up on that favorite show or finish reading that book, the point is, do something that you enjoy.

Try to do some physical activity.

I like to go on walks. Walking around my neighborhood with some music helps me relax not to mention get some physical exercise. You don’t even have to do that, just go on youtube and find quick and easy workout videos, even a few minutes of exercise can make you feel better.

Eat nutritious meals and stay hydrated.

This is something that I have to work on as well. When I am relaxing I just want to eat junk food and not have to think about eating clean. But you have to remember that the healthier you eat, the better you feel.

College is rough and at times overwhelming. It is important that you take care of yourself and do things for yourself, just think of it as a reward for working so hard.

Angel is a junior majoring in Political Science at Florida International University. After she graduates, she hopes to attend law school, later practicing criminal law. She enjoys politics, astrology, and the most random Netflix shows.