timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Time Manage Effectively

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

A lot of people tend to get overwhelmed when they have so much to do and not enough time but, they do have enough time. Twenty-four hours a day seems like a lot when you say it out loud but, it’s crazy how all that time literally flies by. It’s all about time managing. The best way to start to do that is to keep an agenda with you and jot down all the things you need to get done and when you need to get them done by. It’s all about waking up early to get ahead of the game and get as much done so you don’t cram everything into one time slot. Here are a few ways to help you time manage effectively:

Plan your time ahead

Plan your time wisely. Buy an agenda that has the time where you can schedule things you have to do and places you have to go. You will feel so much more organized and ready to conquer your day! When you’re able to see how your day will look in front of you, you will be more in control.

Steer away from distractions and set a time limit

It’s easy to get caught up on your phone or do anything else you’re not supposed to be doing while getting tasks done. It happens–you get bored and you just want to take a break from your to-do list. So, to really get things done, put your phone away and set a time limit for whatever you’re doing and get it done within that time you give yourself. Setting a time limit always helps you to stay on track and get stuff done so you can do the next thing on your list. 

Be smart in prioritizing

Prioritize what is more important to get done first. What’s more urgent? What will take more time and how much time should you dedicate to do that? You have to decide what tasks to do first that will make you feel less overwhelmed once you complete them. Grab your agenda and schedule things ahead of time, not the day before! 

Don’t stress

Stressing causes you to not be 100% productive! Take everything one thing at a time. You’re only human so you need to go easy on yourself. Get enough sleep and stay active. Don’t forget to leave time for things you like to do as well. Stressing doesn’t help you solve anything so breathe in and out and keep going! You’ve got this. Time management will be a tool you will need for the rest of your life to be successful.

Mariangel Diaz is currently a junior at Florida International University and a staff writer for Her Campus. Her passion for writing is immense and she writes articles about based on what inspires her and what takes her on an adventure. She attended Saint Brendan Catholic High School where she was apart of the schools campus ministry, where she had to write and prepare talks for her peers. That's where she grew the courage to talk in front of others and where she was able to practice her writing skills when it came to putting a speech together. At the high school, she was also on the dance team. She has been dancing since she was four years old and currently is a dance instructor where she gets to expand on her other creative side which is, choreographing. Mariangel loves all things that involve creativity and is eager to inspire, guide and give tips to readers! Stay tuned for upcoming articles!