This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Do you ever find yourself feeling overwhelmed by everything that is going all in your life? I mean, you constantly have to worry about your grades, assignments, tests, club involvements, job, etc. Do you miss that peaceful bliss from being on break? Don’t worry, I have a solution to your stressful problem: ways to relax.

1. Go to the gym.

Yes, you read that right. Going to the gym a few times a week for at least 30 minutes can completely change your day around. You release all of the negative energy from your body that’s keeping you stressed so you can be at ease for the rest of your day. And it’s extra rewarding too because you get to stay fit at the same time. Get your heart pumping and do some cardio. Trust me, you’ll feel a lot better after your workout.

2. Listen to music.

Make a playlist of your favorite songs that you can jam out to. Live in the moment and don’t forget to enjoy every bop as they flow from your headphones. You can choose from millions of songs and make a playlist for free on Spotify or 8tracks. Treat yourself to some awesome tunes.

3. Do some yoga.

Doing yoga on a daily basis helps your body detox and release tension. You’ll instantly feel yourself radiate with the 2 p’s: positivity and peace. So, pull out a mat and start doing yoga poses. Don’t know any yoga poses? No problem! You can google some yoga exercises or go to a yoga class at the Wellness & Recreation Center. Namaste.

4. Take a bubble bath.

Nope, you don’t have to be a child to take a bubble bath. Bubble baths are soothing to both the mind and soul for people of all ages. Relax with some hot water and bubbles. You’ll feel all your problems drift away from you. Here’s an extra tip: use a bath bomb to make you feel even better. Take a Boomerang of your bath bomb sizzling and I promise nobody will have an Insta-story as aesthetic as yours.

5. Go to sleep early.

Yes, I know you have a busy schedule. We all do. But your busy schedule shouldn’t keep you from getting enough sleep. Avoid being a zombie the next day by getting at least 7 hours of sleep. You’ll be more productive the next day and you’ll actually retain all of the information you’re trying to cram. You’ll also eliminate all of that water weight by ending your night owl status.

6. Go to the beach.

Take a trip down to sunshine avenue and have a beach day. Have some fun in the sun. Relax and enjoy the flow of the waves. Soak up on that Vitamin D. A trip to the beach will get that positivity flowing into your life again.

If you follow all of these steps, you’ll soon be on your way to kissing that stress goodbye. 

Cover Photo

Hi there! My name is Jillian Herrera and I'm currently a Freshman attending Florida International University's Honors College. I'm majoring in History on a Pre-Law track. When I'm not writing, I enjoy helping others, watching Netflix, listening to music, eating Taco Bell, making sure my Instagram feed is "aesthetic," doing my makeup, and shopping. Being negative? As if! My motto is good vibes.