iced coffee tweet?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
iced coffee tweet?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Original Photo by Gina Escandon

How To Look Like You’ve Got Your Life Together

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

It’s psychologically impossible for someone to have their life together at all times. Life’s notorious curveballs and poor timing are bound to run some (or several) things astray.

Likewise, it’s not practical to place those expectations on yourself, especially when things start getting hard. But, even though you might not have your life together, there are no rules to stop you from looking like you do!

Looking like you have your life together—and actually having it together are two drastically different things. But hey, fake it till you make it, right?

What’s more important is that looking your best often leads you to act and think your best too. So, looking like you got it all might actually help you in the process of achieving it!

Take it from a seasoned pro at looking like they have it all under control (while having maybe three things); it’s way easier than it seems.

Here’s the break down:

1. Have activities you’re passionate about and enjoy doing alone

Because nothing says, “I’m a mature and responsible adult who’s very busy and well-organized” more than doing things by yourself. Hobbies, passion projects, and activities you genuinely enjoy doing are all great places to start.

2. Invest in sunglasses, preferably large ones

Were you born with it, or are you just hungover? With these oversized sunnies on, no one knows. Wearing huge sunglasses everywhere you go is just another way of saying that you have it all together and can’t be bothered.

3. Be informed on world affairs

A woman who’s cultured and worldly is not only a great conversationalist but has little concern for her own problems. Nothing is more upfront about being a well-put-together adult than discussing politics.

4. Have a signature scent

Having a signature scent is the ultimate trick to making people think you’ve got your life together. It’s quick, easy, and incredibly effective. A clean, light fragrance is sure to make you seem graceful, refined, and stress-free.

5. Arrive early to events

People who seem like they have it all under control are rarely late to events. To surround yourself with the same energy, be sure to show up around ten minutes early to your next big event.

Which one of these will you be trying out?

Follow DANIELA on Instagram.

Daniela Gonzalez is a 21-year-old HerCampus Writer at Florida International University. She is currently double-majoring in Political Science and International Relations while acquiring certificates in Pre-Law and National Security. She enjoys writing about lifestyle, wellness, and politics. When she is not writing, she loves to travel, go out to eat, and spend time with her friends and family.