This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

We’re two months into the New Year and maybe you’re still on the right track towards your new year’s resolution, maybe you completely gave up. Or if you’re like me, you’ve met a few obstacles and were told No.

For someone who has a fear of rejection and is always striving towards improving, “No” is one of the most discouraging things you can hear, especially when you were so close to getting what you want, it’s something that we all deal with throughout our lifetime.

As much as you want to ignore that “No”, just accept it, and take the L. Here’s another tip, when one door closes, don’t expect another door to open. You have to work for it. We cannot just expect things to come our way; we have to figure out a way to get it. If you really feel as though you need to give yourself time and mope (which happens to all of us) give yourself space to just be sad and reevaluate, but after, its game time.

After processing that No, doesn’t matter who it came from, what it was for, or what it stopped you from achieving, do not stop. Keep striving towards that goal and work hard for it, especially if it is something you want. You’ve got this and absolutely no one or nothing can stop you from reaching your goal. 

As the semester progresses, it is probably going to get even harder to keep up with everything but it is nothing that you won’t be able to handle, and once you have what you’ve wanted in the palm of your hand, and know that you worked hard for it, you will reach endless gratification.

With whatever you decide to accomplish, I wish you the best of luck and always remember that you are the only one in control of your life so it is up to you to decide what you’re going to accomplish and how you’re going to accomplish it.

K