Halloween: Quick Tips

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

As the Halloween festivities begin and so do all the parties that come along with it, how do you keep up with all the decorations and costumes and other ordeals that come with it? For most of us, elaborate costumes are a hassle and would prefer not to take part in this. The next best thing is to work with what you have. Check your closet, you never know what old gems you may find that can turn into something great like someone from the last few decades. Most of us are from the 90’s so I’m pretty sure you can find something from that era, it may not seem like a long time ago but check old pictures you might be surprised. Then there is face paint, something I’m not too fond of because I sweat profusely, but if your nothing like me then go ahead and get creative! There are a variety of things you can do with face paint and it doesn’t just have to go on your face, just be sure to have someone who’s decent at it. You don’t want any of these designs looking like you got them at a cheap tattoo parlor; trust me it’s not pretty especially after a few hours of partying. Speaking of partying choose wisely to which party you go to. If you missed ZBTerror this weekend, I’m sorry for missing out on a great time. You can’t make it to all the parties but make sure to at least go to a few and have a good time and also someone to get you home safe and sound. Also, you’re never too old to trick or treat! Spend some time with the family enjoy the holiday and as always GO Panthers! 

A kid raised in Brooklyn, New York home of fashion, art and great culture. The greatest thing to happen to me was living in the city in a sense it was a love/hate relationship because of the area in which I grew up in. Then there was Manhattan filled with all the lights and glamour and things that were on the big screen. Once I moved to Florida it was in a small town called Bradenton which was a huge culture shock because it was the total opposite from what I was used to in every sense ranging from transportation to people. Then there was the care free atmosphere in which shirts and shoes are optional and thong sandals are an every day thing opposed to the city where that is a rare find. Living in Bradenton gave me a different outlook on things and humbled me in a sense. Then moving to Miami for school brought me back to my city roots except with a different view on things and my motivation now is to gain success and not material things as I once dreamed of attaining.