This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

FIU’s I-75 campus is a hidden gem. Its location is perfect for students living and working in Broward County and is minutes away from the Pembroke Gardens outdoor mall. Being minutes away from the mall gives students access to a lot of different things. It’s easy to stop by for a quick bite before or after class, shop at Barnes and Nobles if you need a book or supplies, or even, visit one of the salons or spas located in Pembroke Gardens for a little relaxation after a day of classes. The campus itself is a building shared by both Florida International University and Broward Community College. This situation also makes it ideal for BC students wanting to transfer to FIU. While the first and second floor are the “BC floors”, the third and fourth floors are reserved for FIU students. On these floors, students will find an Enrollment Services office, classrooms, seating and table areas, study rooms, and business majors can even meet with advisors. Students can also find a subway and bookstore located in the lobby (first floor) of the building. A huge plus is parking is much easier to find at the I-75 campus!

Other perks of the I-75 campus include the Healthy Living Program, Tutoring, and Library Services. Although the campus does not contain its own library, FIU at I-75 students and Broward County residents have access to the Southwest Regional library which contains books, videos, cassettes, CDs, DVDs, CD ROMs, and audiobooks useful for students. Because of an arrangement made between Nova Southeastern University and the Broward County Board of County Commissioners, “anyone living, working, or going to school in Broward County” has access to the Alvin Sherman Library (which is located at Nova Southeastern University). Furthermore, the I-75 campus works in collaboration with the Biscayne Bay Campus’ SGA to offer different events and programs to students throughout the year. These include a “Week of Welcome” and tabling for Homecoming, where FIU freebies are given out to current FIU students. Although not all classes can be taken at the FIU at I-75 campus, visiting the campus and taking classes that are available is definitely worth one’s while! For more information on the campus, visit broward.fiu.edu or visit the campus’ social media accounts: Instagram: @fiu.at.i75, Twitter: @FIU_I75, & Facebook: FIU at I-75!

Source(s): 

http://broward.fiu.edu/current-students/library-services.html

Photo Sources:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/fiubusiness/15672206701