Favorite Café Spots in Miami

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Need a new, trendy and cute coffee shop to visit on your day off? Miami has just the shops when you need a kick of caffeine in your system and cute pictures. My obsession is coffee. When I was younger, I didn’t like it one bit. As I got older, that’s all I want now wherever I go and I’m not sorry! The places listed below are a few of my favorite here in Miami. Also, these coffee shops aren’t necessarily a far drive; I typically go to these shops very often. These places are too pretty to just pick up coffee and leave. 

Café Bea 

This café is very trendy! It’s all things unique and detailed; from the way they serve their water, to the way they bring your check. It’s something you got to experience for yourself. Café Bea’s menu is so yummy and well-made. When I went there I was in the mood for something pretty simple. I usually am one to order something super different and new, that I’ve never tried before but, that day wasn’t one of those days. So, I got the most simple thing on the menu — a grilled cheese. Best grilled cheese EVER. It wasn’t any grilled cheese — it was a four-cheese. 

Special Tea & Lounge

Special Tea is an FIU favorite, that’s for sure. It’s literally one minute away from campus and many students go there all the time. The food is delicious; everything they make is so tasteful. They have so many different tea options, different ways to have your coffee (hot, warm, cold or frozen), pastries, croissants, sandwiches, wraps and salads. One of my favorite things to order when I go is a frozen taro bubble tea with a chicken pesto wrap and a matcha green tea cookie!

Pho 79 (Vietnamese restaurant)

This place isn’t a coffee shop, it’s a full-on restaurant. I haven’t tried the food here just yet but, I heard everything is so good. When I went, I went for a quick coffee fix. Odd, right? Because it’s a Vietnamese place for food typically. Well, now you know that you should also go for their Vietnamese coffee. My sister recommended it to me after she went to Vietnam for a business trip. We went together to Pho 79 (right across FIU) to try their coffee. It’s strong, but sweet. They sweeten it by putting condensed milk at the bottom and adding coffee, then stirring it well. It’s honestly so good and rich. Can’t wait to go back and try their food. 

Pasión Del Cielo

Many people have heard of this one because they have amazing coffee, pastries and their style is original and cool. One of my favorite savory foods to get there is the four-cheese empanada (I love cheese so much). It’s so yummy and soft, it definitely goes good with any coffee you decide on ordering. When I go, I stick to a café con leche or caramel macchiato. Classics that never grow old. Plan a visit here, it wont dissapoint!

Mariangel Diaz is currently a junior at Florida International University and a staff writer for Her Campus. Her passion for writing is immense and she writes articles about based on what inspires her and what takes her on an adventure. She attended Saint Brendan Catholic High School where she was apart of the schools campus ministry, where she had to write and prepare talks for her peers. That's where she grew the courage to talk in front of others and where she was able to practice her writing skills when it came to putting a speech together. At the high school, she was also on the dance team. She has been dancing since she was four years old and currently is a dance instructor where she gets to expand on her other creative side which is, choreographing. Mariangel loves all things that involve creativity and is eager to inspire, guide and give tips to readers! Stay tuned for upcoming articles!