This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Days become shorter, sunlight wanes and pumpkin spice flavored everything surrounds you. It’s Autumn!

Summer’s juicy berries and cleansing fruits may be harder to find than your dignity after one too many cosmos on a Saturday night, but have no fear, this seasons beauty basket has foods to prevent flaky skin, chipping nails and dry hair.

1. Apples: Your skin’s BFF 

“Huh? I can find an apple anywhere at any time.” Yes, we know. Now, it’s the type of apples you find when the autumn harvest arrives that completely change the game. Fall apples are a serious beauty staple, their skin contains an anti-inflammatory pigment called quercetin. Quercetin defends against free-radical damage and acts as a natural antihistamine. Apples are a great source of pectin, which keeps you full and even lowers cholesterol levels! Mom was right, an apple a day keeps the doctor away. Also, it keeps the breakouts, wrinkles, stomach aches and pumpkin pie cravings away. Score.

2. Chard: Nail every magazine look with this secret weapon (pun intended)

Calorie for calorie, dark, leafy greens like chard deliver one of the most concentrated sources of beauty nutrition. Biotin helps the use protein to repair all of the damage we cause to our bodies. Want the hair of a storybook princess and less wrinkles when your 40? Start sneaking chard into your daily autumn diet.

3. Daikon Radish: It’s Crunch time

Not the most picturesque thing to pick up while you go grocery shopping but hey, don’t let its appearance fool you. Daikon is a traditional Japanese vegetable that cools the body as well as detoxifies the liver and the stomach. The perfect thing to add to all of your post “friendsgiving” meals. 

4.Figs: The cupid of all fruits

Rumored aphrodisiac properties? How? It’s because they contain amino acids that help boost blood flow to the skin and, well, other areas of the body. (wink, wink)

2017 FIU Her Campus president