Style

Does Your Loyalty Match Your Style? Adidas & Game of Thrones Ultra Boost Partnership

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

For those that aren’t on top of the sneaker game, Adidas has officially released their partnership with HBO’s masterpiece Game of Thrones. The show’s popularity combined with the Ultra Boost trend was a massive hit. Immediately after becoming available for purchase, four out of the six shoes sold out. Leaving me to question: Did your loyalty during the show match your style? 

Image by Adidas

Adidas x Game of Thrones Ultra Boosts “Night’s Watch”

$180 

GoT’s Night’s Watch is a military order that is responsible for guarding the ice wall which divides the seven kingdoms from the lands beyond. They are in charge of protecting the kingdoms from any dangers, including White Walkers, wildlings and giants. 

Image by Adidas

Adidas x Game of Thrones Ultra Boosts “House Lannister”

$180 

House Lannister is the principal house of the Westerlands, and one of the great Houses of the seven kingdoms. Their symbol is a golden lion on a crimson background, and their motto is “Hear me roar!” In the show, they are mostly known for saying “A Lannister always pays his debts.” 

Image by Adidas

Adidas x Game of Thrones Ultra Boosts “House Targaryen Dragons” (Sold Out)

$180 

The House that once ruled the seven kingdoms along with their famously known dragons. Their sigil is a three-headed dragon on a black crimson. The House words are “Fire and Blood.” Daenerys Targaryen is known as the mother of the last three dragons.

Image by Adidas

Adidas x Game of Thrones Ultra Boosts “House Targaryen” (Sold Out)

$180 

A continuation of House Targaryen. Daenerys Targaryen of Valyrian descent is known for her famous words: “Fire cannot kill a dragon.” 

Image by Adidas

Adidas x Game of Thrones Ultra Boosts “White Walker” (Sold Out)

$180 

White walkers are the supernatural beings who live beyond the wall considered to be extinct. Season eight will revolve around the war between mankind and the white walkers. 

Image by Adidas

Adidas x Game of Thrones Ultra Boosts “House Stark” (Sold Out)

$180 

Season one began revolving around House Stark. They are the principal house of the north, and their sigil is a grey direwolf running on a white field. The House words are “Winter is coming.” Spoiler alert: they’re known for breaking hearts. 

So, which shoe are you?

Each shoe includes their name on the tongue, and is designed to have the same “endless energy” and “natural movement” as all of the other Ultra Boosts. The launching proved to be a success and perfectly aligned with the season premiere. This partnership added to the momentum and excitement of what’s to come in GoT this year! 

A Miami girl whose happiest days are spent behind a laptop sharing her thoughts. Rachel is a Political Science major minoring in Psychology, and is hoping to get her Master's degree and Ph.D in Psychology.