This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

I’ll be honest here, I know nothing about cooking. Yet “Bon Appétit” is my favorite YouTube channel to watch.

Bon Appétit” is a food magazine based in New York City that’s been around since the 1950’s (!!) and has grown a following online- particularly on social media. Just take a look at their Instagram page and see what I mean… it’s a food lover’s paradise!

While their Instagram is great, their YouTube channel is where the magazine really grew and shines.

The channel has multiple successful series starring the chefs of the Test Kitchen. Gourmet Makes stars Claire Saffitz, a professional pastry chef who attempts to recreate a “gourmet” version of popular snacks and desserts (her recreation of Skittles has over 12 million views!). If I could recommend one series on this channel, it would be this one. The first episode of Gourmet Makes popped up on my YouTube recommendations one day and I was HOOKED!

person snapping food
Eaters Collective/Unsplash

It’s Alive with Brade Leone is a fermentation series which can sound boring; but when I tell you Brad has the best personality and makes it entertaining, I mean it!. Chris Morocco stars in Reverse Engineering,where he has to reverse engineer a plate of food that he felt blindfolded.

Back-to-Back Chef with Carla Lalli Music guest-stars celebrities and other YouTube personalities who have to create a meal with the chef, except they can’t see each other because they are back-to-back. Of course, we can’t forget Amiel Stanek’s Almost Every (the “Every Way To Cook An Egg” video got over 24 MILLION views!). When he says every, he means every.

The channel also has series where all the Test Kitchen chefs work together to create a dish. The series is called Making Perfect and so far there have been two seasons: the perfect pizza and perfect Thanksgiving meal. This is a great series to see all the chef’s personalities and see them work together.

“Bon Appétit” also uploads videos that are more of the norm for food YouTube channels. From the Test Kitchen is your average “let’s create this meal” video, while there are also videos where chefs can share their favorite cooking tips and opinions. Test Kitchen Talks is a great series where the chefs have to bake without measuring, try latte art, or review cooking TV shows.

As I said, I know nothing about cooking. But, “Bon Appétit” has taught me how to properly bake a cake and taught me how to make gourmet pizza rolls (information I’ll use someday- right?). 

If you want to see funny chefs with a creative dynamic creating extremely tasting food, check out “Bon Appétit” right now!

Emma is a sophomore at Florida International University studying Broadcast Media. She is from Miami and loves entertainment (music, tv shows, movies) and hopes to become an entertainment reporter after college. She is also involved on campus in her Panhellenic Council organization.