Campus Celebrity: Nicole Cristell

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Everyone has a story and not all have the chance of being heard. We all go through certain things in life and these are the things that make us stronger physically and mentally. We are told not to judge a book by its cover, yet we constantly do so. Get to know this week’s campus celebrity and a bit of her story.

Name: Nicole Criatell

Age: 19

Major: Nutrition/Dietetics

Year: Freshman

Are you involved on campus?

I work at the REC center on campus.

What do you like about working there? What are some of your favorite memories?

My favorite memories began when I got the job at the REC center. The reason being is because I have met so many amazing people during my time here.

What are your plans after you graduate?

After I graduate I want to become a dietician/nutritionist in correlation with personal training.

What made you want to choose this path?

I chose my major because I used to suffer from Anorexia and an eating disorder. Then I found love in healthy eating and fitness and that ultimately saved my life.

Would you want to continue with your fitness path or mainly focus on the educational aspect?

The main thing for now is to take my journey to the next level. Becoming pro would be awesome but my main focus is to be happy and healthy. Competing is just for fun, at least for now. My goal would be to start a love your body organization for women with eating disorders; body building is to show women achieving a high goal physique is possible doing so the right healthy way.

Any final words of advice to your fellow collegiettes?

Word of advice is have fun but always remember your goals.

If you want to know more about her and want to follow her journey follow her on Instagram @fittie_nicolina_c

A kid raised in Brooklyn, New York home of fashion, art and great culture. The greatest thing to happen to me was living in the city in a sense it was a love/hate relationship because of the area in which I grew up in. Then there was Manhattan filled with all the lights and glamour and things that were on the big screen. Once I moved to Florida it was in a small town called Bradenton which was a huge culture shock because it was the total opposite from what I was used to in every sense ranging from transportation to people. Then there was the care free atmosphere in which shirts and shoes are optional and thong sandals are an every day thing opposed to the city where that is a rare find. Living in Bradenton gave me a different outlook on things and humbled me in a sense. Then moving to Miami for school brought me back to my city roots except with a different view on things and my motivation now is to gain success and not material things as I once dreamed of attaining.