This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

College is hard. Work is stressful. Having a social/personal life is time-consuming. Having to balance all three? It’s exhausting. It’s like being a mom of three kids. We all have different things going on in our lives. Different focuses, hobbies and responsibilities. However, we all share one thing in common. We all want to find a way to balance everything going on in our lives without burning ourselves out. Mastering this balance doesn’t have to be hard. There are so many ways you can make balancing everything in your life much easier. Follow these tips and you will be saying thank you, next to being overwhelmed with your life.  

Creating a Schedule:

If you follow any tip from this article, this one should be it. What you’ll need is something to write down everything you need to do on. Such as an agenda, journal, or even the calendar application on your phone. Pro tip: if you have an iPhone use the reminders app to set reminders that will alert you at the exact time you need to be reminded. At the beginning of every week, set some time aside to write down what your week looks like. Write down everything that needs to be done on each day of the week. This makes it easier for you to remember everything that you need to do.

Prioritizing your time:

Manage your time wisely by prioritizing the most important things first. For example, school work should always be done before making time to go out with your squad. Create your schedule in a manner where the most important things are listed at the beginning of your week. 

Don’t wait till’ last minute:

Watching Netflix instead of doing an assignment always seems to sound like the better option. You might justify your actions by telling yourself you have plenty of time to do the assignment later this week. Then the due date creeps up on you. Next thing you know you find yourself at 11:30 pm doing an assignment due the same day at 11:59 pm. Sound familiar? We’ve all been there. Trust me when I say you’ll thank yourself later when you do your assignments in advance. It gives you more time later on in the week to do things that are fun and avoids any last-minute stress.  

Working around your work schedule: 

To get that coin, you need to work. However, work can take up a big chunk of your schedule. School alone is like a full-time job so balancing that with a real job can be trying. If work gets to be too overwhelming, try cutting back on your hours. If you can’t do that, try finding ways to get your schoolwork done while you’re at work. For example, maybe study during your break. 

Finding time for a social life:

No matter what your schedule looks like, always find time to do things that you enjoy. Put aside time for this on days that you don’t have much to do or maybe dedicate one whole day out of the week to focus on leisure activities. Such as hanging out with friends, going to the beach or any other hobbies. Life is too short to not make the effort to go out there and live your best life. Life shouldn’t be all work and no play. 

Taking a day off if you need too:

Sometimes we need a day to catch up on life, literally. If you ever feel too overwhelmed, try taking a day off. Use that day as a rest day. To get things done we need to be in our best mindset and overworking yourself will just burn you out. Use that rest day to take care of yourself.