priscilla du preez WacbrU86JIw unsplash
priscilla du preez WacbrU86JIw unsplash

Are Justin Bieber and Hailey Baldwin Actually Married?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

It is not a surprise that Bieber and Baldwin are engaged, but are they actually married? The singer 24, and the model, 21 were legally engaged at a courthouse in New York City, but they are NOT officially married. The singer and the model state that, “this is only the beginning of their celebrations.” It was a big surprise when both Bieber and Baldwin stepped out of the courthouse during one of their many weekend getaways in New York City. Sources claim that they did not tell anyone about their legal marriage. Therefore, this was NOT a marriage but a ceremony to show their love and commitment.

Bieber and Baldwin went on to say that they would not be wearing their rings until they are religiously married. Baldwin made a post in regards to not wearing her ring on Twitter and her fans exploded with rude comments. She proceeded to tweet the following “Haters gonna hate.” #LoveWins

I don’t know about you, but when I first saw that sparkly rock on her finger I also felt a little jealousy. Okay, let’s be honest you and I both know we experienced extreme jealousy. Baldwin proceeded to say that she does not consider herself hitched until her official wedding.

Baldwin feels a civil ceremony and a religious ceremony are two very different things. Do you agree with Baldwin? Baldwin’s viewpoint states “A marriage is a commitment you make in front of God,” until then she is unhitched.

Whether Bieber and Baldwin are truly in love is a question that remains unanswered. Some might say that the singer is still in love with ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez and that his engagement with Baldwin is for publicity reasons. On the other hand, the public agrees that the young couple is really in love and will be tying the knot soon.

As of now, all that remains true is that the couple has been seen very in love and displays that through constant PDA on their strolls through the beautiful city of New York. One thing we can all agree on is that when you know it’s right, it’s right and the universe cannot go against that.

Love and Inspiration, 

For you, 

Always, 

-Vero 

Veronica Aguilera is a Junior at Florida International University double majoring in Biological Sciences and Interdisciplinary Studies with a minor in psychology. Ms. Aguilera is on the pre-med track and aspires to attend medical school after graduating from FIU. Although, Aguilera's passion has always been medicine and the healthcare field she has always had a unique interest in writing. She states that "words hold so much power enough power to even help change our world." Through Aguilera's articles, she hopes to bring positivity and love to collegiate students all around. Aguilera's various executive board positions and extracurricular activities have motivated her to share with others her life experiences. Aguilera hopes to cover a variety of article topics that pertain to the pre-medical life as a student and other devotions she has found along her journey. A message from the author: My collegiate readers, these articles are for you and only you. Filled with inspiring words and personal life experiences I hope to bring a new perspective on how you may view life. A perspective full of self-love, success, and positivity.