This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Ah, September. The start of Fall, college classes start, a month until Halloween, and of course, Apple’s annual Keynote event. Like every year, Apple came out with some products that all you tech whiz’s will appreciate endlessly.  The hype last year with Apple releasing the iPhone X was all you heard for months until the phone released, and many of us were wondering how they were going to top that. With features like the new Face ID, animojis, a bigger phone screen, and the new camera settings; the iPhone X was something most, if not all, wanted. Apple also released the Apple Watch Series 3 which was able to take calls without being a few feet from your phone. 

As expected, Apple released a new iPhone and went out for pre-sale September 14, two days after the Keynote went live on September 12th. Customers world wide went crazy for this phone and almost completely knocked some models out of stock once the presale went up. The new phones announced were the iPhone Xs and the iPhone Xs Max. The iPhone Xs as expected will be the smaller version of the phones; equating in size with the current iPhone X, while the Xs Max will roughly be the size of an iPhone plus. Both will be coming in the same Space Gray and Silver as last year, but in addition will be coming in a gold shade as well. This iPhone is said to be able to charge faster, has a camera feature that will allow you to blur the background on photos, the same portrait mode and features but with better camera quality, and the ability to capture 4k videos. In bigger news, the phone will also be able to hold up to 512GB of space, making it the most storage Apple has ever offered.

(Photo 1)

Apple also announced the Apple Watch Series 4, which will allow the watch face to hold between 8-9 apps on the screen along with the time, workouts, heart rate, and more! This watch got rid of the red dot on the crown and went with a red ring embedded in the crown instead. 

(Photo 2)

Apple also released information on their all new iPhone Xr. It will be their largest LCD ever on an iPhone, and, according to apple, it will still fit comfortably in your hand. It’s supposed to come in a variety of shades like blue, coral, red, yellow, white, and black; much like the old iPhone 5c’s. Though it won’t have the 2 camera system that the iPhone X has, it is still capable of capturing stunning photos like the old and new versions being released alongside it. 

(Photo 3)

As Apple continues to make innovative moves for future technology, we are all anticipating the new things they will bring out. Rumored to come to life are Mini Mac’s, but nothing has been stated by Apple thus far.  Will you be getting the new iPhone when it releases in stores? Watch the Keynote here for more in depth information to help you decide!

Xoxo,

Nicole

Nicole is currently a senior at Florida International University studying English. She wants to become a full-time writer for a journalistic blog or company in the future, and hopes to publish a few novels along the way. Her truest of loves include Disney, Anime, music, her dogs, writing, and Harry Potter. She is a lover of makeup, and telling people's stories from their eyes and her experiences. She is currently a Beauty Advisor at Riley Rose part-time, and hopes to continue working alongside them in the future. You can follow her journey on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/nicoli0o/ and on Twitter at https://twitter.com/nicoli0o_