jonathan j castellon be8AmxavYp8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jonathan j castellon be8AmxavYp8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Have you recently received a text notification saying your account balance is about to reach below zero dollars? You have a crush on your classmate and have wanted to ask he/she out for the longest of times but can’t afford too? Do not worry and keep reading below for the perfect and most affordable date ideas. 

1. Go to an Animal Shelter     

You love animals and animals love your attention, so what better place to fulfill both than at an animal shelter? Volunteering at an animal shelter is always free so why not enjoy a day out of your daily life routines and schedule a visit to your local animal shelter. Go with your boyfriend or girlfriend to your nearest animal shelter and feel nothing but warmth and happiness in your heart and wallet. 

2. Get Your Game Night On     

Time to embrace your inner child for a night. Break out the old board games or ask your roommates and friends to let you borrow them for a night. It’s fun to have a little bit of friendly competition between each other while spending time together without having to worry about how much money you are spending. 

3. Bake Sweets with Your Sweetie     

Instead of going out and spending a lot of money on desserts at a restaurant. Stop by your local grocery store and pick up sugar and flour to make something even sweeter than your partner. Hit up Pinterest; pick a recipe then dedicate a date to baking together. Plus cooking is a great bonding experience and the food is just a great part in general. If you fail, at least you can look back on the day and say, “Remember that time we baked something hotter than me?”

4. Plan a Picnic   

The classic picnic date can take you anywhere. Whether you lay out an old blanket or bring a fancy tablecloth, a picnic is a cheesy but adorable way to have a cheap, loving meal with your partner. If you can’t cook, bring fast food and lay it out on fancy plating. At the end of the day, your partner will be more impressed with your pure intentions and the thought behind it. 

5. Stargaze on a Clear Night     

Stargazing is a fun way to experience the outdoors. It’s relaxing and really romantic.You can bring cozy blankets and relaxing music. Throw in a line or two about how their eyes shine brighter than any star in the sky, you know you want to. Buy some snacks beforehand and enjoy a perfect and chill night. 

6. Culture Yourselves   

Checking out a bunch of unique sights don’t have to drain your checking account. Lots of museums offer free entrance and display one-of-a-kind items that’ll make you and your date gawk in awe.  Check out your college campus; the art department might have a free art museum for students. Having an intellectual date will always leave your partner with a great impression of you.  

Love and Inspiration, 

For You, 

Always, 

-Vero 

Veronica Aguilera is a Junior at Florida International University double majoring in Biological Sciences and Interdisciplinary Studies with a minor in psychology. Ms. Aguilera is on the pre-med track and aspires to attend medical school after graduating from FIU. Although, Aguilera's passion has always been medicine and the healthcare field she has always had a unique interest in writing. She states that "words hold so much power enough power to even help change our world." Through Aguilera's articles, she hopes to bring positivity and love to collegiate students all around. Aguilera's various executive board positions and extracurricular activities have motivated her to share with others her life experiences. Aguilera hopes to cover a variety of article topics that pertain to the pre-medical life as a student and other devotions she has found along her journey. A message from the author: My collegiate readers, these articles are for you and only you. Filled with inspiring words and personal life experiences I hope to bring a new perspective on how you may view life. A perspective full of self-love, success, and positivity.