3 Meals you need to have for Easter Brunch

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

This year as one of my new years resolutions I promised myself I would start learning how to cook. Have I succeeded yet? Nope. So when my mom came into my room to notify me that I would be in charge of the Easter brunch this year, you could imagine how nervous I was! I began to search around for the best recipes and once I found them I knew I had to share. I hope these meals show up on your plate this Easter!

Maple Glazed Carrots: 

As if carrots couldn’t get any more delicious, here is a recipe that I found that is sure to not only satisfy your stomachs but also your Instagram feed.  This recepie is super quick and easy to make.  The Maple Glazed Carrots are sure too add some unforgettable tastes to your brunch this easter.

What you will need:

• 2 1/2 lb. rainbow carrots
  • 2 tbsp. olive oil
  • 2 tsp. whole coriander seeds, crushed
  • Kosher salt
  • black pepper
  • 1 1/2 tbsp.  maple syrup
  • 1 tsp. grated lime zest, plus 1 tablespoon lime juice

Make this yourself here!

Egg and Avocado Pizza:

When I saw this I nearly freaked out! Im lactose intolerant and I struggle with finding meals, let alone pizza, that is accommodating to my diet. This pizza looks so delicious and I can not wait to try it with you guys! The eggs go perfectly with the tomatoes and are sure to leave you wanting more.

What you will need:

1 can (11 oz)  Refrigerated Pizza Crust Thin0

• 10 slices cooked thick-cut bacon
  • 10  cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 6 eggs
  • 1 avocado, sliced thin
  • 2 tablespoons parsley

You can find the specific recipe and photo here

Pea and Prosciutto Salad

I am not a salad person at all but this bowl looks to die for! The prosciutto adds the most flavor to this bowl, that most salads are lacking. It’s a healthy and filling way  to start your brunch.

What you will need: (serves 4)

• 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
  • ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
  • 1¼ cups shelled fresh green peas (from about 1¼ pounds pods), or frozen peas, thawed
  • 12 ounces sugar snap peas (about 3 cups), trimmed
  • 4 ounces arugula, tough stems removed (about 6 packed cups)
  • 4 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced
  • Knob of fresh horseradish, peeled (for serving)

Make this super fast and easy, recipe + photo here