Red Roses Heart Cookie
Red Roses Heart Cookie
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon
Wellness

Self Love Sunday: Valentine’s Day Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIT chapter.

It might be the hopeless romantic in me, but I absolutely adore Valentine’s Day, and I always have. A day dedicated to celebrating love in all its forms, how can you not!? I do understand why some people dread the day, but, I’m hoping these ideas on ways to spend that special day may just change your perspective. 

1. Have a Safe “Galentine’s Party” Over Zoom or Google Meet 

Valentine’s Day does not only include romantic love but of love itself! Celebrate with the people you’re living with currently, or you can hop on a video conferencing platform and celebrate with your friends, no matter where you all are located.

2. Start a Tradition 

Whether that’s ordering a heart-shaped pizza, or watching the movie Valentine’s Day. Traditions are a beautiful thing to incorporate into any holiday, and will ultimately have you looking forward to the day, whether you’d like to admit it or not. 

3. Have the Ultimate Self-Care Day 

Buy those flowers! Get yourself some chocolate covered strawberries! Apply your favorite face mask and make that bubble bath! Self-love is crucial, and what better day to celebrate the love you have for yourself? 

4.  Change Your Perspective

Instead of focusing on the possible lack of a significant other, focus on the love you do have surrounding you. Through your friends, family, club members, classmates, or your regular barista! Focus on the love you have for yourself and the world that you live in. Whether it be the sunshine or your love for your new favorite sweater, there is love all around you, and it’s great to celebrate that! 

I am a Fashion Business Management Major looking to minor in English and Film and Media Studies. I am a member of the National Honor Society, as well as the National Society of Leadership and Success. I excelled as a member of the soccer team at FIT, and I am currently a member of two clubs that are coordinated by my school, HER Campus and Runway27. I am included in FIT Fall 2019's Dean's List. I have extensive experience in being the social media coordinator for an event space located in Manhattan, NY. In my spare time I enjoy reading, working out, and cooking.