Drop Everything and Go Listen to Maren Morris’ New Album

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIT chapter.

I have been listening to Maren Morris nonstop for the past few months and honestly, I’m totally fine with it. In case you need a refresher, Morris sings “The Middle” with Zedd, but that’s not her only hit. After being strictly a songwriter for years, Morris is finally the one behind the microphone.

I first heard Morris sing when she opened for Niall Horan’s Flicker tour and I was immediately obsessed. Her second album, GIRL, was released in early March and I’m pretty sure it’s all I’ll be listening to for the rest of my life.

A post shared by Maren Morris (@marenmorris) on

Morris’ songs are a fresh take on country music, bringing in pop, hip-hop, and R&B vibes. Her lyrics span all aspects of life, from an anthem to your best friends in “All My Favorite People” to confident love songs like “The Bones” and “Great Ones”. She even collaborates with other artists such as Brothers Osborne in “All My Favorite People” and Brandi Carlile in “Common”. Morris seamlessly jumps from lighthearted and bubbly in “The Feels” to the gut-wrenching “To Hell and Back”, a ballad about feeling complete love and acceptance despite your flaws (and my personal favorite).

If you’re bored of your usual playlist, give Maren Morris a try. She might be your new favorite.

Follow Carli on Instagram.

Carli is a 2022 grad of the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City and served as the style section editor for Her Campus. After being a national style writer for Her Campus, she launched Her Campus FIT. A born and raised Jersey Girl, she is a huge Bruce Springsteen fan. In her spare time she loves running, jamming to Taylor Swift, and tracking down the best burgers. Find her on Instagram @carliannescloset.