This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIT chapter.

The summer has quickly come to end and the weather in New York is beginning to feel like fall again. Here are some essentials that you absolutely need to get through the season. 

1. Candles

Candle Sitting On Book
Breanna Coon / Her Campus
There’s something about waking up and lighting a fall scented candle that makes the chilly weather a little more bearable. I’ve been loving Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin and Leaves from Bath and Body Works. 

2.  A Good Moisturizer

My skin becomes super dry in the colder months, so I need a good moisturizer to help get me through them. My go-to moisturizer for the fall is The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors.

3. Cute Jackets

I love adding a unique jacket to every outfit in the fall. It’s the perfect weather to show off different and lighter weight jackets before you have to start bundling up every day. 

4. A Binge-Worthy Show

Unsplash
One of the best parts of fall is snuggling up in bed and watching Netflix all night. I just started “Ozark” and I’m loving every second of it. 

5. Scarves

Adding a scarf to every outfit is my favorite accessory. It keeps you warm but can make the simplest outfits look less boring.

Leanne Barbarito is a student at The Fashion Institute of Technology. She received her Associates Degree in Advertising and Marketing Communications and will continue working towards her Bachelors Degree in International Trade and Marketing in The Fashion Industries with a minor in Ethics and Sustainability.