This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Falmouth chapter.

It went quick, didn’t it? It literally feels like yesterday that we handed in the last bits of the first-semester work (I’m not sure if I should be jealous of or sorry for those who had hand-ins in January), and left for the blessed month of Christmas holidays. That time is, sadly, over and we are all walking head first into another whirlwind of a reading, writing, shooting, painting and Rowling knows what else.

But don’t start panic yet! Take a deep breath and think of kittens and sunshine and green spring grass… That’s it, good.

Now, back to the point. Over the Christmas break, I was advised (or blatantly forced to) by one of my dear friends to watch Iron Man. I have to say he was absolutely appalled by the prospect of me not having seen a single Marvel film and strongly insisted on me sitting down on my bed (as if I hadn’t been doing that for several hours), open another Google Chrome tab (about sixteenth at that point), and find myself an Iron Man movie.

Reluctantly doing so, I was struck speechless by the sheer amount of pure sarcasm and general awesomeness that is Tony Stark.

As one might expect from a fangirl, I ended up watching— although devouring would fit much better— everything Avengers; going back to uni, I went on to watch the X-Men.

But what is it that I’m trying to tell you?

As childish and naive as it might sound, it was those films, those characters who fight tirelessly for what they believe is right, who would invent anything and outsmart anyone, that woke me up from an academic crisis where I wasn’t sure anymore whether I chose the right course— meant both uni-wise and generally. 

I can hear you laughing at my cheesiness, reader, but I mean it.

So, the message I’m trying to get across is: in the chaos and madness that uni life can sometimes be, make sure to find a little time for yourself and watch (or read, or sing, or all of the above) something that will make you feel like you are doing right; I don’t encourage you to watch thirteen movies in less than a week, though!

But in a way, I do. Just to remind yourself that all of us could, with enough effort, be:​

Fandom-obsessed, writing-possessed book lover from the Czech Republic.