This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Falmouth chapter.

The season of the FXU Presidential Elections is upon us and the atmosphere in Falifornia is buzzing. With both campuses alive with student campaigns, HC Falmouth thought it was about time to get to know some of the candidates running for the position of Falmouth President.

Meet Luke Webster, a third year Digital Media student hoping to get your vote. Let’s find out a bit more about him!

Hi Luke, what was it about Falmouth that made you want to come to university here?

Falmouth University’s reputation was incredible. When I first came down here I fell in love with both the campuses and my course. The town and atmosphere was great! It’s completely unique and as it’s such a beautiful place, how could anyone say no?

And what was it that drew you to the particular role of Falmouth president?

It was clear to me from the beginning of my university experience, that the FXU presidents have really made a difference. My student experience in the past three years has been so great and I’d love to uphold this standard and make the students happy!

Could you tell us a bit about your main policies?

• I really want to make a difference in this coming year.
  • I want more publicity for sports clubs and societies as they are really the heart of student experience!
  • Securing housing in town and more studio space at both Tremough and Woodlane are also very important to me.
  • Finally, having experienced a close closure myself, I want to put extra emphasis on supporting students during this difficult time. As we all know, our courses are massively important and securing more multi-course exhibitions would be great for the students and the university.

What previous experience do you have that makes you a strong candidate for this role?

As a Student Mentor Leader, I have a good understanding of what goes on behind the scenes when new students join. Supporting students in their first year of study and beyond has been very rewarding and I feel as if I have had a positive impact on many students lives already. As a committee member of the Kayaking society, organization and communication have been key skills that I have developed further. Also, volunteering with the FXU and helping with different events has allowed me to get to know the union as a whole.

What do you hope to achieve the most from this role?

My main aim is just to make students happy! I’d like their experience to be as fantastic as mine was while studying here at Falmouth University.

And finally, to help the voters get a better idea of you as a person, if you only had three words to describe yourself, what would they be?

This is a hard question but if I had to choose 3 then they would be: Small, Quirky and Driven.

Thank you for taking the time to speak with us, Luke. We wish you and all the other canidates the best of luck with your campaigns.

To find out more about Luke’s manifesto, find him on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/VoteLukeWebster/?__mref=message_bubble

Follow FXU on Twitter for updates on student campaigns and follow the link below to cast your vote – it’s incredibly important, so make it count!

http://www.fxu.org.uk/studentvoice/elections/

Finally, check out this short video on The Falmouth Anchors page that introduces all six of the candidates running for the Falmouth President role: https://www.facebook.com/thefalmouthanchor/videos/227379090939822/

Make sure that you look at ALL of the candidates manifesto’s and make a choice that best suits your needs and what you think is particularly important for our universities future.  

Just a 22 year old English Literature and Creative Writing student procrastianting life away by the seaside.Talents involve slightly resembling a fox and telling (terrible) puns.
My name is Laura Sherlock and I am the co-editor for Falmouth's chapter of Hercampus. I am currently in my third year of university studying English.