Great New Cafe in Falmouth

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Falmouth chapter.

After the terrible news that the retro American sweet shop, Candy Shakes in Falmouth Town shut down permanently on Sunday 4th May, – yes I know, try to hold back the tears. 

I thought all hope was lost, any girl would. Yet, fear not lovers-of-all-things-tasty. We will be rescued. Our hero will come in the form of Wildebeest.

As the saying goes, when one door closes another one opens, this just happens to be a little way down the street.

If you haven’t heard of Wildebeest, I shall explain all; it is a recently opened Vegan café. My favourite thing on the menu is of course the brownies. Yes they do BROWNIES, COOKIES, CUPCAKES and wait for it…ICE CREAM.

Wildebeest is a café/restaurant aimed at Vegans and people with particular dietary requirements, meaning many of their sweet things are gluten free or dairy free.

And if your sweet tooth isn’t quite as prominent as mine – which is probably the case– they also have a great range of starter and main dishes, and you will never find yourself becoming bored with the menu, as the options are forever changing with new dishes being written on the cafes blackboard every day. With quality taking priority over quantity, Wildebeest is a must. The café itself is a relaxed, informal space, perfect for spending time with friends or grabbing a quick bite.  

So let me get this straight, healthy, yummy, and sweet! This means we can have twice as much right? See you in Wildebeest guys. 

My name is Paris Anne Richardson and I am attending Falmouth University studying English with Creative Writing. I am an avid reader and subscriber to both Atlas and Vogue. My ideal day is hanging out with my girlfriends shopping and hopping from one coffee shop to another, and I am massive sucker for people watching. Hope you enjoy reading all the posts.