Why My Mom Inspires Me Everyday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Inspiration can come from all places and people. For many girls, when asked what female inspires them they’d say a celebrity like Beyonce or Chrissy Teigen. And though they are both amazing female powerhouses, for me, my inspiration comes from a more personal place. My female inspiration is my amazing mom. My mom continuously brings an abundance of joy to my life and strives to maintain a positive energy that clearly radiates in all that she does. Even on the worst of days, her uplifting and hopeful spirit always makes a difference. I have never seen her go to bed angry. She always has a smile on her face and this just proves how sincerely she cherishes each day.

My mom is a nurse so it is in her daily tasks to help people in need. It’s no surprise she is just as giving at home. She believes family comes first and will do anything and everything for her family’s happiness and well-being. We have a very special bond in that I am her only daughter (and of course her favorite). She has shown me what it means to be a strong, independent woman who can accomplish all things. The importance of having goals and achieving them to the best of your ability is something she strongly stands by.

I remember my mom giving me the best advice before starting college. She reminded me to stay true to myself no matter what, take every opportunity I could and make the best of it, and love others just as I love myself. Now a junior in college, I’m living my best life and owe it all to her. One of her favorite songs ‘Live Like You Were Dying’ has become my soul song over the years. It gives me clarity and peace of mind in all aspects of my life.

Integrity and trust are two values my mom has emphasized repeatedly, especially in my college years. She reminds me that my thoughts and opinions do matter. My responsibility is to create meaningful work using my own ideas and to never let anyone interfere with achieving my dreams. Trusting that little voice inside my head will prove beneficial in the long run. My mom also has the tendency to still sing me The Sound of Music ‘Confidence’ song whenever she can. It’s her all-time favorite movie and she just loves reminding me to be confident in my abilities. She is my ray of sunshine in that way!

Thank you mom, for being my best friend and the one I can rely on each and every day. You have a heart of gold and I couldn’t be luckier to have you as a role model. I love you endlessly.

Hi, my name is Emily and I’m a Communications Major with Minors in Art History and Sociology at Fairfield U. I have a passion for all things fashion, beauty, cooking, and fitness. I am a foodie at heart and am always looking for new recipes or restaurants to try. Editorial writing and social media managing are just a couple of my specialties! 
Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com