This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

As someone who has recently started working out in the gym, I’ve noticed a lot of girls wearing the cutest workout fits. This made me think that my workout clothes might need an upgrade. I’ve tried numerous brands during the process, but none of them really worked for me. I wanted to share some of my favorite budget-friendly activewear sites so you don’t have to go through the same struggle.

Bike shorts are in!! Personally, I prefer the seamless look since it eliminates creases in undesirable areas. Check out: GymShark, Free People Movement, and AYBL. All stores which have the essentials as well as trendy, colorful options that can spice up your collection.

Leggings are usually hard because if you are running or moving around a lot throughout your workout, they will fall down/not stay in place. I prefer Aritzia’s TnaButter leggings, which are a little costly but remain in place and are incredibly soft and comfortable. Aerie and Athleta offer stylish, cheap options for each style of training, and their websites are simple to navigate.

Free People Movement, Athleta, and GymShark are three of my favorite sites to shop for fashionable, yet functional, workout tops. Nike also makes pretty good bras that keep everything in place without adding too much pressure on your chest. Alo Yoga is another great option to keep in mind. If you’re searching for less form-fitting tops, this is the place to go. Tanks, short sleeves, and long sleeves are all featured.

Looking at apps like Mercari and Poshmark is something I do when I am trying to save money. They are online marketplaces where people can buy and sell new or lightly used clothes. You are extremely likely to find what you are looking for or something comparable.

Something I try to remember when working out is to maintain a positive mentality. It helps me be the best version of myself, not put pressure on myself, and appreciate all my body can do. Even though it is much easier said than done, it is important to show your body love.

On a lighter note… As long as you have a cute outfit while working out, you may not feel your best, but at least you know you look it!!

Reese Giordano

Fairfield '25

Hi, my name is Reese Giordano. I am from Chicago, IL and I am a freshman at Fairfield University. I am studying business and my major is marketing.