What’s the Career Fair & Why Should You Attend?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Fairfield University is hosting a Career and Internship Fair on Wednesday, September 27 at the RecPlex from 11a.m. – 2 p.m. This fair is a great way to get your foot in the door and learn more about the 90+ organizations that will be attending.

Whether you’re interested in engineering, finance, marketing, education or the health sciences field, there is guaranteed to be something for you at the Career and Internship Fair! This event offers an exciting and beneficial opportunity to meet future employers and learn more about all of the opportunities available at various firms across the country.

It is encouraged that all attendees bring a copy of their resume and are equipped with questions that they could ask potential employers. Also, think of some great conversation starters that can really make you stand out against your peers who also may be interested in the same company or position. Make sure you grab a business card from your favorite tables and send a thank you note shortly after the fair. That is the best way to be remembered.

For more information, see the Academic & Career Development Center’s OrgSync page and make sure you stop by the RecPlex on September 27th.

Brianna Perry is a junior at Fairfield University studying Communication. She is an executive editor for Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Brianna loves fashion, iced lattes and spending Saturdays at the beach.
Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com