The Top 5 Moments from NYFW

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Spring 2015 fashion week kicked off in New York last week, with many interesting moments to say the least. From funky designer collaborations to some unruly guests, this was one for the ages.

1. A fashion show wouldn’t be complete without an appearance by North West herself. North was seated front row with mom and dad at Alexander Wang, but she clearly wasn’t impressed with the collection.

2. Tommy Hilfiger put a whole new meaning on the concept of sportswear. Hilfiger’s runway featured a football stadium design, complete with scoreboard and bleachers. Hilfiger even paid homage to the Patriots in the finale.

3. Designer Jeremy Scott, known for his work with Moschino, featured his own 70’s inspired collection, collaborating with none other than Miley Cyrus. The collection can be described as ‘EDM chic,’ featuring beaded jewelry and vibrant neon prints.

4. The Kardashian/Jenner clan has become a household name, and Kendall’s takeover at NYFW stepped it up a notch. Kendall made her debut in Marc Jacob’s show, but walked in various others. Kendall and her model friend Gigi Hadid took over the NYFW scene.

5. Marc Jacobs’ show was the ultimate experience, featuring Beat’s headphones that guests wore as the show was going on. However, Anna Wintour was reluctant to mess up her signature do.

Megan is a Fairfield University freshman majoring in international business.  She has a love for all things fashion. Born on Long Island, but a NYC wannabe. 
Amanda McKelvey is a Co-Campus Correspondent and a senior at Fairfield University. She is a Journalism major with minors in Psychology and Communications. In addition to being a CC she has held internships with Michael Kors, CollegeFashionista.com and the Rockville Centre and Baldwin Heralds. In her free time, Amanda enjoys days on the beaches of Long Island, watching Scandal, Chicago Fire and the Bachelorette, eating anything sweet (chocolate, ice cream, cupcakes—you name it!) and reading a good book. She’s excited to spend her senior year living at Fairfield Beach with her best friends including fellow CC Danielle Tullo! You can follow her on Twitter @theAMANDAshowww or on Instagram @ammckelvey.