Spring Break Exercises You Can Do In Your Dorm Room

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Spring break is rapidly approaching, collegiettes…sandy beaches and salty water are waiting! But, if you spent too much time dreaming of hitting the beach and forgot to hit the gym, we’ve got your back!

Here are 10 workouts that you can do in your dorm to get beach body ready.

Arms:

Arm Circles This exercise is a super easy way to tone your arms in the comfort of your own dorm room. Hold your arms out and slowly make circles clockwise and counterclockwise. Who knew exercise could be this easy and convenient?

Tricep Dips Strengthen and tone the back of your arms with tricep dips! Use your desk chair or bed as support for you to push yourself up and work those arms. You’ll start to feel the burn, but it’ll be worth it when you’re spending your day on the beach. 

Abs:

Russian Twists No equipment necessary for this ab workout! You can keep your feet on the ground, or lift them for an extra challenge, as you twist back and forth. To make it harder, you can hold a weight or something similar as you twist (my roommate and I have used textbooks and big bottles of water)

Sit Ups

The exercise we love to hate: the sit up. But there’s no denying that if you want a toned stomach for spring break, these are the way to go.  Challenge yourself to do them every day; you can even get your roommate in on it! Teamwork makes the dream work, after all. Especially if that dream involves a beach and bikini.

Plank

No, not the trend from 2012… Holding a plank position with your weight on your forearms and tightening your core is a perfect move to do in your dorm. Planking will work all the muscles in your core, helping you achieve that flat, toned stomach!

Butt:

Squats

All you need is a little space to drop it like it’s hot! Doing squats in your dorm will help you get the booty you want just in time for spring break. With so many variations, like the goblet or plie squat, toning your butt is no longer boring.

Bridge

For this exercise, all you need is yourself! Lay flat on your back with your legs bent, and push through your heels to raise your glutes. This simple yet effective workout is the perfect way to get your booty spring break ready.

Legs:

Calf Raises

While the other exercises also work out your thighs, these raises focus on your calves. Stand up straight, and lift yourself up onto your toes. It won’t take long before you feel the burn, but think about how great your legs are going to look in heels after this!

Cardio:

Jumping Jacks You don’t have to run laps around your dorm to get in a cardio workout. Doing jumping jacks in your room is a quick cardio workout that will get your heart rate up and strengthen your muscles. But, the best part is: it’s not running. 

Mountain Climbers

While in a push up position, bring your legs forward, engaging your legs and core. While you’ll feel it in your abs, you’ll also find yourself out of breath! Mountain climbers combine strength and cardio into one exercise that you can totally do in your dorm: It’s the best of both worlds! 

Jennie is a sophomore Communication major at Fairfield University. She is also the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Fairfield! You can usually find her typing away on her laptop, blasting Drake, with an iced coffee by her side.
Pamela is currently in her senior year at Fairfield Univerity where she is majoring in management. In her free time she enjoys working out, spending time with friends and family and binge watching reality television. *guilty*.... Follow her on instagram! @pamelagrant