Wellness

REST AND RELAXATION: 6 WAYS TO TREAT YOURSELF DURING MIDTERM SEASON

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

It’s that time of year again – the dreadful midterm season. With all the assignments and tests, it feels like you can’t catch a break. However, it’s important to take time for yourself and find relaxation amidst all the chaos. Here are 6 ways to treat yourself during midterm season. 

1. Working Out

One of the best things to do for yourself is to exercise. Whether it’s going to the gym, taking a walk, or going to a spin class, there are so many ways to move your body and take your mind off midterm stress. Additionally, working out gives you a better night’s sleep and reduces stress levels.

1. Make a playlist

Listening to music is one of my favorite things to do when I want to escape. I love making playlists for different moods and to destress. Make a playlist of songs that make you feel good and listen whenever you’re in need of an escape.

1. Find time to socialize

Spending time with people who bring your energy up is very beneficial. When we surround ourselves with good people, our mood is instantly boosted. Whether it’s a friend, significant other, or family, finding time to be with the people you love is important. There are so many things to do whether it’s going out to dinner, shopping, or just hanging out. Taking time away from the stress of school is an important factor in your mental health and well-being!

1. Have a self-care night

Everyone has their own version of self-care. For me, I like to take an “everything shower”, do a face mask, and then watch a TV show or movie. Self-care nights are essential for our mental health and remind us to find relaxation in times of stress.

1. Fuel your body

It’s important to listen to and fuel your body during midterm season. Eating some of your favorite foods or planning dinners is a good way to eat what you love, while also taking care of yourself. Another fun thing to do is find a recipe and make something new.

1. Declutter your space

If you’ve been putting off cleaning something, finding time to declutter your space will help you clear your mind. Whether it’s implementing little routines like making your bed every morning or cleaning your desk, doing these small tasks can help make you feel better and give you a sense of feeling accomplished.

Doing these routines can make a huge difference in your everyday mood and overall well-being. Remember to take time for yourself this midterm season, you got this!!

XO, Annie 

Annie Hartnett

Fairfield '26

Annie Hartnett is a writer for Her Campus’s Fairfield University chapter. She loves to write on the team and some of her favorite topics include pop culture, fashion, and mental health. She also has worked with the social media team to help curate content for Instagram and TikTok, as well as create designs on Canva to promote weekly articles. In addition to Her Campus, Annie is a New Student Leader at Fairfield, where she guides first year students and provides them with resources as they transition into college. She also is part of Fairfield University’s Student Association (FUSA) on the Marketing team where she works to boost engagement with students and market events for the class of 2026. Annie is a Marketing major and hopes to have a career in Social media marketing. She's also a general member of the Marketing Club and Women in Business where she hopes to gain exposure into the world of Marketing and other industries. In her free time, Annie loves exercising and trying new workout classes, watching rom-coms, and spending time with her friends and family. She loves listening to podcasts and all types of music, but her current top artists are Taylor Swift and Noah Kahan.