Wellness

New Year = New Me! 2023 is Bringing Affordable and Healthy Snack Recipes from TikTok! 

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Whenever I am on the hunt for a new easy recipe, ninety-nine percent of the time I successfully find one on TikTok. Yes, I am that person whose whole saved posts tab includes “recreating Hailey Bieber’s Erewhon Strawberry Glaze smoothie at home” and “easy veggie gyoza recipe for beginners.” With a college student budget and a tiny dorm room with a micro-fridge, these TikTok viral healthy recipes can be easily made in the comfort of your space. 

@BabyBella777, aka Bella Hadid’s “Kinsicle” Smoothie

We all know and love Bella Hadid, but Erewhon’s $17 Kinsicle smoothie is not accessible to many. Thankfully, Ms. Bella Hadid shared the recipe with her followers in a recent TikTok post. This ten-ingredient smoothie is bright, fresh, and fights inflammation. 

@WishboneKitchen’s Pita Sandwich

You have probably heard about Meredith Hayden, aka “@WishboneKitchen”, on TikTok. She is a private chef based in New York City, cheffing it up for clients like Joseph Altuzarra. Recently she shared a simple pita sandwich recipe that takes less than five minutes to build, a perfect healthy quick bite before class. 

@Lahbco’s Open-Faced Tahini Pesto Chickpea Salad Sandwich

Naism Lahbichi’s recipes are always flavorful and hearty. While this recipe leans towards dorm food’s complex side, you can do it. Filled with tangy and tart tastes and textures, this sandwich will leave you wanting seconds. 

@Violet.Cooks’ Chocolate Banana Bites

Prep these chocolate banana bites at night, and they’ll be ready in no time! Violet Witchel’s take on a frozen chocolate banana bite includes almond butter and a sprinkle of flaky salt. All you need is a microwave and freezer. This is the ideal snack to start or end your day. 

@EmilyMariko’s Chili Oil Cucumber Combo

Craving a spicy snack? Emily Mariko shared the easiest two-ingredient combo to satisfy the craving, sliced cucumbers, and chili crunch oil. Followers in the comment section recommended adding sesame oil, rice vinegar, and soy sauce. 

Suzanne Collins

Fairfield '26

Suzanne Collins is a first-year student studying marketing at Fairfield University's Dolan School of Business. In her free time, she enjoys playing squash, finding the best matcha spot in town, and trying new cuisines. She hopes to pursue a marketing career in tech or the food and beverage industry, or she will start a company of her own.