Kim Kardashian’s Fragrance Campaign Takes the Internet by Storm

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Kim Kardashian West, a female power-house icon known in every household, launched a new fragrance collection that has taken the Internet by storm. Using her platform to spread positivity, KKW Beauty’s latest campaign features real women and their real, beautiful bodies.

Kardashian’s original fragrance line received backlash after the container displayed an “unrealistic body image.” The container was molded after her own, highly coveted body. Kim Kardashian received the message loud and clear, and completely changed the images that represent KKW Beauty. Being in the limelight, Kardashian has been subject to countless incidents of body shaming and this was her way of responding: by encouraging women to love the skin they’re in.

In an interview with Refinery29, Kardashian explained that she wanted to celebrate confident women no matter their shape or size, and people are loving it. The women who are the faces of the campaign are not professional models, but self-confident women who feel their best in their own skin. They stand as inspiration for “everyday people.”

[https://media1.popsugar-assets.com/files/thumbor/VpQtIbgoEa5zrZKseOf30r4…

The support for Kim Kardashian West’s fragrance that promotes confidence and body positivity has been huge. Her decision to cast authentic, real women in her campaign is truly inspiring and the positive feedback only continues to grow as fans rave about the brand’s awareness and relevancy.  

Lucie Picard

Fairfield '21

Hi everyone! I'm Lucie, a sophomore Marketing major at Fairfield University with a passion for travel, exercise, and good eats!
Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com