Chrissy Teigen and John Legend Are Expecting

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

After trying to have a baby for quite some time, Chrissy Teigen and John Legend announced to the world via Instagram that they are expecting their first child together and we could not be more excited for our #WCW.

Chrissy posted an adorable photo of the couple with the caption: “John and I are so happy to announce that we are pregnant. As many of you know, we’ve been trying to have a baby for a while now. It hasn’t been easy, but we kept trying because we can’t wait to bring our first child into the world and grow our family. We’re so excited that it’s finally happening. Thank you for all your love and well wishes. I look forward to all the belly touching! Xx”

John of course joined in on the Instagram fun by posting the same photo with the simple caption: “We’re Pregnant!” Hopefully perfect song lyrics about his love for his new baby will make up for the caption.

This news came as a surprise to her fans since she recently spoke about her and John’s struggle of conceiving a baby. During a segment of FABLife, Tayra Bank’s new talk show, the supermodel revealed her fertility struggles. She and John have been trying to have a baby for years yet she could not conceive. Chrissy has always been open about her life of social media yet this struggle she kept secret. “We would have kids five, six years ago if it’d happened,” Teigen says. “But my gosh, it’s been a process!”

Sources have revealed that she and John are so excited to be parents and that she is feeling great. Mr. and Mrs. Legend were married in a romantic service in Italy two years ago.

We cannot wait to see if the couples gives birth to the next supermodel or Grammy winner but either way we know the child will be showered with tons of love. Congratulations to the couple that has been our #CoupleGoals since they started dating in 2007. 

Hi Loves! My names Audriana currently studying Marketing and Journalism at Fairfield University. I'm a Philly girl with a bubbly personality. I love anything Pink! Style icons: Blair Waldorf and Serena Van der Woodsen.  New York City, Iced Tea and Gossip Girl addict. Fell in love with London and traveling while abroad my fall junior semester. Follow my beauty/fashion blog www.beyondyourblowout.com and on instagram  @audrossano
Pamela is currently in her senior year at Fairfield Univerity where she is majoring in management. In her free time she enjoys working out, spending time with friends and family and binge watching reality television. *guilty*.... Follow her on instagram! @pamelagrant