BEST BREAKFAST SPOTS FOR SUNDAY RECOVERY

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

After an intense week of stressful assignments, the weekend allows us college students to take a break from all our hard work, relax, and have fun. Some use this free time to go to the movies or start a new book, while others go to the bars/clubs with friends. This can be a great deal of fun, but after a lot of partying on Friday/Saturday, Sunday morning hits HARD. Let’s discuss some of my favorite breakfast spots for a much-needed Sunday recovery. 

1. Harbor View Market  4.5⭐ on Google 

218 Harborview Ave, Bridgeport, CT

I recently discovered Harborview Market and loved it! It is about an 8-minute drive from campus. Before arriving, I looked at the menu online to ensure they would have something I liked, and I found multiple dishes I wanted to order. I was in awe of the variety of food options offered. They had everything from sandwiches to burritos to French toast. I ultimately decided to call the “A.M. Special,” which came with two eggs (your way), bacon, and your choice of French toast or pancakes. I chose scrambled eggs and French toast; wow, it was so delicious. 

I had to wait about 20 minutes for my food, which bothered me initially, but I got a coffee and chocolate croissant to hold me until my meal came. Overall, this place was terrific: good food, close to school, and excellent service! I highly recommend it.

1. The Tasty Yolk  4.8 ⭐ on Google

2292 Fairfield Ave, Bridgeport, CT

The Tasty Yolk is quite popular among Fairfield U students, and I recently just had my first meal from there!  This place is well known for its breakfast sandwiches, as they write on their website: “We’re known for our killer sandwiches.” If you’ve never had a sandwich from The Tasty Yolk, GO! I recommend calling and placing your order before arriving because the lines are sometimes long. This is a great spot to visit for a delicious breakfast sandwich and a promising hangover cure. 

1. Chip’s Family Restaurant 4.4⭐ on Google

525 Tunxis Hill Cut Off, Fairfield, CT 

If you’re ever in the mood for a diner-type vibe, Chip’s is the place to go. All my friends agree that Chip’s is one of Fairfield’s best places to grab breakfast. You get to go with all your friends, and eat not overly expensive food! Plus, the atmosphere makes for a great time. Another highlight is that the service is good, and they are speedy! If you ever want to indulge in a lot of pancakes or French toast, this is the spot for you.

1. Reef Shack 4.2⭐ on Google

257 Reef Rd, Fairfield, CT 

I have written about Reef Shack in the past, and I believe this Connecticut sandwich shop knows how to make a killer baconeggandcheese. I recommend getting the breakfast sandwich and adding a hash brown with shack sauce on top; believe me, it is worth it. This is one of my favorite spots; not only is the food excellent, but so is the staff.  This sandwich will revive you and bring your body back to life. Grab a coffee and come in with some friends to Reef Shack. There is plenty to choose from, and you will not regret it.

1. Sherwood Diner 4.3⭐ on Google

901 Post Rd E, Westport

The Sherwood Diner is one of my favorite places to get breakfast in the area. Located in Westport, It is about 10-12 minutes from campus. The highlight of this place is the energy and the atmosphere; it is always a good vibe and a perfect place to go with friends. The omelets they serve are delicious and always come out perfect. This is an excellent spot for recovery food; I promise you will feel refreshed after a good meal here. Try the Sherwood Diner as your next brunch spot! 

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my piece!! I hope you visit some of these places and enjoy delicious food. Good food is always essential to have in life:) 

XO, Luiza

Luiza Sperling

Fairfield '24

Luiza Sperling is a content writer for Her Campus’s Fairfield University chapter. She contributed by pitching new article ideas for mental health, reading, and fitness. She also includes recommendations for the Fairfield area. She is a Senior at Fairfield University majoring in English with a concentration in creative writing with minors in Judaic Studies and Editing and publishing. This summer, Luiza studied abroad in Greece for four weeks, taking a travel writing course focusing on writing from a traveler’s perspective, not in a touristic way. She wrote about her experiences with food, entertainment, and culture in the various cities she visited in Greece. In addition to writing, Luiza enjoys reading romance novels, watching movies, going for walks, and spending time with friends and family. You will learn more about Luiza as she writes about what she loves: books, mental health, and pop culture. She is obsessed with music, specifically Brazilian- Funk and rom-com movies.