7 Must-Haves to Revamp Your Spring Style

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Although piles of snow are still impossible to miss on walks to class and it seems as if winter will never end, the time will come to ditch the sweaters and salt-stained boots and make room for a new spring wardrobe is coming. Dreaming of warmer weather and sunshine might give you anxiety about revamping your wardrobe for next season. With these 7 staples in your closet you’ll be prepared to transition seasons easily.

Bright Blazer

Many collegiettes are afraid of wearing a bright colored blazer out of fear of looking silly.  Don’t worry, you won’t! A bright blazer is an unexpected and fun way to add a pop of color to old-favorite basics.

Sophisticated Gingham

Gingham prints are not anything new, but they were everywhere on the spring 2015 runways. The gingham print was presented in a range of colors and designs during the shows. Some were blown up in size and uniquely colored and other gingham prints were sheer. Either way- every collegiate needs to add this print to their spring wardrobe. 

Pleated Skirt

Pleated skirts embody spring. This light and airy piece will look amazing on Point Days paired with a basic tank or crop top. 

Moto Jacket 

Moto jackets are the perfect way to add some edge to any outfit. An all year round closet essential, moto jackets will look great with a girly floral dress this spring.

Floral Sundress

Every collegiette needs something very feminine, and what better way to pull it off that style than with a floral sundress.  Nothing says spring like a floral dress, and not only is it feminine but also eye-catching and totally versatile.

Colorful Flats

One of my favorite ways to add a pop of color to any outfit is with a vibrant ballet flat. Also, this shoe staple can be dressed up for a night out or down for class. 

Striped Something

Whether it’s a shirt or shorts, adding stripes to your wardrobe will help spruce up your basics. Stripes are always in style and work for every occasion. If you are feeling bold try wearing stripes on stripes, which can look beyond chic.

Mary is a Fairfield University senior majoring in Communication with a minor in Marketing. She is the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Fairfield, which she has been apart of since the launch in February 2014. Things that Mary can't live without: Starbucks, Gilmore Girls (Team Jess all the way), Instagram, statement necklaces and her dog. She also has a real weakness for avocado toast. Make sure to follow her on Instagram, @marystamp   
Amanda McKelvey is a Co-Campus Correspondent and a senior at Fairfield University. She is a Journalism major with minors in Psychology and Communications. In addition to being a CC she has held internships with Michael Kors, CollegeFashionista.com and the Rockville Centre and Baldwin Heralds. In her free time, Amanda enjoys days on the beaches of Long Island, watching Scandal, Chicago Fire and the Bachelorette, eating anything sweet (chocolate, ice cream, cupcakes—you name it!) and reading a good book. She’s excited to spend her senior year living at Fairfield Beach with her best friends including fellow CC Danielle Tullo! You can follow her on Twitter @theAMANDAshowww or on Instagram @ammckelvey.